First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
'netstat' and '-f inet' option
Hi, I have been trying to use the command of 'netstat -a -n -f inet' to generate a report on all network end points not just the ESTABLISHED (-a option) by printing the IP addresses as dotted-decimal numbers(-n option), but only for TCP and UDP end points(-f inet option). But, strangely, the '-f inet' option d... 25 Feb 2010 01:29
sending email from a script using nail/mailx - "550 5.7.1 Use fully qualified domain name" error
I've been using nail for many months to send email from scripts. We just did an OS upgrade and can no longer get the script to work. Here is an example: echo "TEST Mail" | nail -s "TEST Mail2" -r "user(a)cc2" -S smtp="smtp://outgoing.verizon.net:25" -S smtp-auth-user="login" -S smtp-auth-user="user" -S smtp-aut... 15 Mar 2010 20:41
IGMP snooping
Hello as a personal academic project I'd like to implement IGMP snooping for a 24-port Layer2 switch (it already has Linux 2.4 ported). I have read RFC1112, 2236 and 4541. I generally understand the way IGMP works and what the snooping exactly does. Right now I'm not very much concerned about the performance... 15 Feb 2010 20:00
program for cybercafe
Hi, I search for a program to use for a cybercaf�. It's for cybercafes and libraries. The things that must do is the following : - The users must prepaid for internet and other use. - you must can reserving the internet station - the system must logout or block everything after the time is gone, this must b... 15 Feb 2010 05:24
Socket + Bind on server side
Hi, I have been trying to optimize some code. I came across a thought as below - I wonder why Socket and Bind are separate in the case of Server ? Why can't the Socket call create the address directly for the newly created socket instead of doing it via a Bind call ? Any ideas ? I think that this will be a go... 17 Feb 2010 13:21
[Fedora 12] Throw out my parallel port flatbed scanner?
I have an Adara Slimstar flatbed scanner that I have had and took excellent care of since I got it with a new, top of the line Win98 computer. I used the flatbed with XP Pro by using Mustek drivers for a Slimscan scanner with the twain 32 drivers, swiss knife program, and it came with some sort of "fake" scss... 13 Feb 2010 12:39
Jumbo frames and compatibility with NAT
I ususally use "jumbo frames" on a computational cluster of machines since all the connected adapters are large MTU capable. THis is a private VLAN and has its own associated subnet. But recently we wanted to have a border-server straddle the network. This has two adapters and the one in the private-VLAN can ... 12 Feb 2010 19:05
Slow networking between windows and Linux
Greetings. I am have Debian Lenny on a wireless home network that also has a couple of Windows XP machines. They connect via a linksys router. I am finding file transfers between windows and linux samba share, both directions, very slow. This slowness also applies to doing Windows to linux file transfers using s... 11 Mar 2010 10:00
Routing between 2 NICs
I have a fedora server with eth0 on a 178.18.10.0/24 local network with an internet gateway of 172.18.10.254 and eth1 is on another local network of 192.168.242.0/24. All traffic from the second network is NAT'd and the PCs have 192.168.242.110 (eth1's IP addr) as their gateway. These machines can ping addres... 10 Feb 2010 12:14
how to zero nfs counters
I was trying to zero my nfs statistics counters and get an error message: nfsstat -z nfsstat: zeroing of nfs statistics not yet supported Is this still the standard situation or is there a patch that fixes this. I just installed the latest CentOS 5.4 distro so I thought my NFS server was pretty up to dat... 9 Feb 2010 16:15