First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Network to Network IPSec VPN using RHEL/CentOS: separate VPNRouter and LAN Gateway
Hmm I'm not in IPSEC, I'm using openvpn and in my opinion it's easier to setup and maintain. If you want to connect just two private nets it would be very easy to do with openvpn. Regards Darek ... 13 May 2010 17:08
Advanced routing, two ISP's
Hi, I have a scenario, where my linux gateway has access to internet via to ISP connections. I've prepared source routing for my private networks based on static routing tables. I have a server behind NAT and i'm using DNAT to access it, but it's only avalible via ISP connection selected as default. Is there ... 16 May 2010 07:00
New to Networking
Hi Can someone suggest me good tutorials or books to learn about Networking ? Thanks Kaushal ... 13 May 2010 17:08
Mail relay program that TRASHES ALL INCOMING MAIL? [for whatpurpose?]
Andrzej Adam Filip wrote: *WHY* do you need it? - Spam trap (looking at the IP addresses of sending hosts?) - eMail sink for testing a mail system (i.e. send to all while the smart host is the mail sink) - Experience - Set up a lab for students to troubleshoot things. ... Granted, there proba... 8 May 2010 17:48
Mail relay program that TRASHES ALL INCOMING MAIL? [for what purpose?]
Ignoramus22979 <ignoramus22979(a)NOSPAM.22979.invalid> wrote: I would like to know if there is some "dummy" program that looks to the outside worls as a MTA, but in reality all it does is accept incoming mail and simply disregards it (drops to bit bucket). I know that sendmail can be configured to do what... 8 May 2010 14:29
Network to Network IPSec VPN using RHEL/CentOS: separate VPN Router and LAN Gateway
Hi there, I followed the RHEL documentation at http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/Deployment_Guide-en-US/ch-vpn.html and was able to deploy network to network IPSec VPN between two private networks, as long as I set the IPSec Routers to be the same as the LAN gateways. But according to the documentation, it is... 6 May 2010 23:08
Mail relay program that TRASHES ALL INCOMING MAIL?
I would like to know if there is some "dummy" program that looks to the outside worls as a MTA, but in reality all it does is accept incoming mail and simply disregards it (drops to bit bucket). I know that sendmail can be configured to do what I want, but it is a lot of overhead given what I want. Thanks ... 7 May 2010 14:29
nmap -sP not the same as ping
Hi there, I thought "nmap -sP" is doing a ping, which would be similar to running the ping command. But it turned out they are different. For example seki(a)xubuntu:~$ nmap -sP 192.168.1.133 Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2010-05-05 13:30 MDT Note: Host seems down. If it is really up, but blocking ou... 14 May 2010 13:54
weird linux networking problem
Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, and if so, if they have any idea what could be causing it. A number of our boxes are HP dx5150 running Red Hat 4.3 (kernel 2.6.9-42). The onboard NIC is Broadcom BCM5751 Gigabit. Every now and then, these boxes lose contact with the network: we find ... 5 May 2010 16:01
upside-down-ternet <humor>
You have probably seen this before, but I think it is pretty funny. http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pete/upside-down-ternet.html /Anders ... 2 May 2010 16:27