First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
daytrek vigor 2820n
Hello together, I have a problem with my router. It's a daytrek vigor 2820. I have two LAN networks with different IP's, 192.168.2.x and 192.168.1. x. The router has the ip 192.168.1.x and it is easy to connect with an 192.168.1.x ip. But it doesn't work with the 2.x address. I can not find a way to change... 18 Jun 2010 21:16
non-unicast packets on Wan interface (cable modem)
Technically this isn't Linux-specific, but I couldn't find a decent generic networking group that still existed. If anyone has a suggestion, please point me in that direction... While poking around my router, I noticed something interesting. Approximately one third of the incoming traffic is classified as non- u... 20 Jun 2010 18:56
ospf and openvpn
Hi, Can someone can suggest me how to set up openvpn and ospfd from zebra to enable ospf protocol to work over vpn link? My topology is that i've one central point with two ISP connections an a number of client sites which connects two openvpn deamons which listens on two public IPs on central point. I've mana... 16 Jun 2010 18:48
Debian networking help....
Hi, I am trying to configure networking on Debian but have run into problems. In /etc/networks/interfaces iface eth0 inet static address 146.243.56.160 netmask 255.255.254.0 gateway 146.243.124.1 The IP address gets assign properly and I can ping anything in the 146.243.56.x range. It appears that De... 18 Jun 2010 19:03
Cisco PIX 501 - How could I configure a VPN tunnel back to the office
Dear all, I have a Cisco PIX 501 that I use in the home. I would like to establish a persistent VPN tunnel back into our office. Work gave me was a Cisco VPN client for me to connect to their VPN gateway from my laptop. It works well after I converted it into a VPNC format file. The example of the VPNC file... 16 Jun 2010 07:45
Maximum bandwidth usage
Apologies for the only marginally topical question. On a properly tuned system (which all modern linux systems should be), is a single TCP connection supposed to be able to use all the available bandwidth? The issue I'm seeing is as follows. Testing between two computers over a transatlantic WAN link (RTT a... 22 Jun 2010 18:14
Defining the interfaces to be used for routing
All, I am involved in the development of a home router which has three network interfaces (net-devices): lan0 - Ethernet facing the LAN side wan0 - WAN data connection wan1 - WAN management connection: this is used only for accessing the device itself (web pages etc..) wan0 and wan1 should be looked at as tw... 16 Jun 2010 11:01
Need help in understanding the mapping of user-space send, sendto, sendmsg to kernel-space sendmsg
Hello, I am trying to implement my own transport layer protocol in Linux for an experiment. I am going to use socket interface and add my protocol using sock_register. For the proto_ops i can see that the parameters for the sendmsg and recvmsg are (struct kiocb *iocb, struct socket *sock, struct msghdr *msg, size_... 14 Jun 2010 22:55
unreachable 127.0.0.0/8 scope host
Hi, my machine (gentoo linux) lists an unreachable net address of 127.0.0.0/8 of scope host. **** localhost ~ # ip route show scope host unreachable 127.0.0.0/8 **** Some people suggested that it is the /etc/init.d/network script that is at fault, which states this: === einfo "Starting network" ... 13 Jun 2010 16:02
TCP/IP Routing question
Apologies in advance if the answer is in the group someplace: I have three (3) routers - one Cisco BEFSR41 , connected to an Apple Airport, and a Cisco Wireless Bridge (WET54GS5). What I would like to know is how could I set up a route from a machine behind the WET54GS5 to be able to be seen by people *outside*... 11 Jun 2010 22:32
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last