First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Single NIC multi WAN via switch
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum on which to post this question. Feel free to direct me to a more appropriate venue if this is the case. I should mention too that I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to networking. I have two internet connections through two different ISPs, let's call them I... 15 Jul 2010 19:49
What is the minimum reverse network that can be delegated?
I am an old timer, and the smallest networks I have managed were Class C. The traditional named configuration notation allowed me to place a 0 in the proper place, to have a reverse DNS delegated. Now I find myself in a network with a 255.255.255.240 mask. Can a network block that small be delegated? TIA, ... 15 Jul 2010 16:30
BIND config tool + How do I select between chroot and no chroot?
I am having problems setting up a (very basic) DNS server in my new RedHat Linux box. I have found some references to a BIND Configuration Tool, which is nowhere to be found. I would like to start with a simple configuration, without the chroot jail. - How do I turn off chroot? - Where can I find some s... 15 Jul 2010 15:23
Putty for SSH access
Hi, I can log into my linux pc with the username (root) / password combination. When I try to use Putty to do the same thing, and when prompted for username and password, access is denied. Any ideas why? Cheers ... 18 Jul 2010 07:19
CASH FOR CISCO - I BUY USED AND NEW EQUIPMENT & LOTS MORE
CASH FOR CISCO - I BUY USED AND NEW EQUIPMENT & LOTS MORE I am buying the below Cisco equipment and lots more not listed. I buy used and new. I also buy equipment from other makers such as Brocade, Juniper, Extreme, Foundry, IBM, HP, Fujitsu, Nortel and lots more. I also buy software in quantity from A - Z.. ... 14 Jul 2010 10:56
Using a bluetooth adapter
I have a Cambridge Silicon Radio bluetooth adapter and I am trying to use bluetooth for the first time on my Debian based computer. I have plugged the bluetooth adapter into the usb port of the computer. I now run lsusb. This produces output as follows: $ lsusb Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Found... 14 Jul 2010 09:50
TCP data not ack'ed
Trying to FTP to a system running - Linux lhi-ftp3 2.6.32-21-server #32-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 16 09:17:34 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux The TCP connection is established and the ftp banner from the server is sent, ack'ed, and received by the client but any TCP data sent from the client is not ack'ed by the server. Her... 12 Jul 2010 15:09
NFS writes became extremely slow overnight
On Monday, July 12th, 2010 at 10:09:04h -0500, Ignoramus15939 wrote: Any ideas what might cause this? Only a couple of suggestions to consider: 1) What is the disk usage for the NFS mounted disk on Server A. If it is getting full, then that could cause a slow down for writing. 2) Is there still a proc... 14 Jul 2010 05:30
Wireless and LAN
I have 2 desktop computers on my desktop connected to a desktop switch. One of the computers has a wireless device connected via a USB port. This wireless device is used to connect to a Cisco wireless Access Point, via which intenet traffic passes. If I disable the LAN on the computer with wireless device, I... 13 Jul 2010 10:52
Blocking hosts.
Hi, I have a small home network of Windows machines with an Ubuntu machine acting as an ICS gateway, and firewall. I want to block the windows machines from accessing certain hosts. Trouble is, iptables blocks IPs, not hostnames. I think the best way to proceed would be to configure the firewall to block th... 12 Jul 2010 15:09