Prev: TMA Assembler?
Next: pshufb
From: ?a/b on
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 05:47:23 -0500, T.M. Sommers wrote:
>?a\/b wrote:

>>>That's nothing you have to believe. Try it and you will see it.
>>
>> i tried C language, but many functions are easier in pure assembly not
>> in C; sscanf, printf, numerical conversion routines, many numerical
>> functions etc are some of them
>
>That's just silly. Things like printf are trivial to use in C,
>and just as trivial to call from assembler. On the other hand,
>implementing them in assembler is definitely non-trivial.

what i say is to write down printf function from read/write of the OS
From: ?a/b on
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:03:40 +0100, ?a\/b wrote:
>>> i tried C language, but many functions are easier in pure assembly not
>>> in C; sscanf, printf, numerical conversion routines, many numerical
>>> functions etc are some of them
>>
>>That's just silly. Things like printf are trivial to use in C,
>>and just as trivial to call from assembler. On the other hand,
>>implementing them in assembler is definitely non-trivial.
>
>what i say is to write down printf function from read/write of the OS

what i say is to write down sprintf, printf, sscanf etc function all
in assembly is for me esier than write them with C language

call them is == easy in assembly and in C language
From: ?a/b on
On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:30:05 +0100, ?a\/b wrote:

>>>That's just silly. Things like printf are trivial to use in C,
>>>and just as trivial to call from assembler. On the other hand,
>>>implementing them in assembler is definitely non-trivial.
>>
>>what i say is to write down printf function from read/write of the OS
>
>what i say is to write down sprintf, printf, sscanf etc function all
>in assembly is for me esier than write them with C language

but my printf has someting less than that "standard C"

From: T.M. Sommers on
¬a\/b wrote:

>>>what i say is to write down printf function from read/write of the OS
>>
>>what i say is to write down sprintf, printf, sscanf etc function all
>>in assembly is for me esier than write them with C language
>
> but my printf has someting less than that "standard C"

If it really is so much easier to do in assembler than in C, why
haven't you fully implemented printf?

--
Thomas M. Sommers -- tms(a)nj.net -- AB2SB

From: ?a/b on
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 05:39:46 -0500, T.M. Sommers wrote:
>?a\/b wrote:

>>>what i say is to write down sprintf, printf, sscanf etc function all
>>>in assembly is for me esier than write them with C language
>>
>> but my printf has someting less than that "standard C"
>
>If it really is so much easier to do in assembler than in C, why
>haven't you fully implemented printf?

because that function will be too big and i can find some way for
substitute them something like "%li %lu %hu %hi"
l for long
h for short
(i have a "long int" == "int" and when i have a short it seems that
compiler have to pass it like a "int &0xFFFF" so %i should be ok)

don't know why "%n" is useful, and it seems i remember i add some code
for doing what does [.] [^.] better
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Prev: TMA Assembler?