From: gufus on
Hello, WaIIy!

You wrote on Thu, 15 Apr 2010 18:44:04 -0400:

| I tried MSE and it overtook my computer.

Did you get anything in return? <grin>
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

From: Stephen Wolstenholme on
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:23:27 -0400, "jch" <jch(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>Anyone here use Microsoft Security Essentials? I don't have any experience
>with it but wondered how it compared to AVG, Avast, etc.

I have been using MSE since it first became available and find it to
be excellent.

Steve

EasyNN-plus. Neural Networks plus. www.easynn.com
SwingNN. Forecast with Neural Networks. www.swingnn.com
JustNN. Just Neural Networks. www.justnn.com
From: FromTheRafters on
"jch" <jch(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
> FromTheRafters wrote:
>> "jch" <jch(a)nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Anyone here use Microsoft Security Essentials? I don't have any
>>> experience with it but wondered how it compared to AVG, Avast, etc.
>>
>> Are you a proponent of e-mail scanning?
>
> It has its uses but its not that important to me. I'm more interested
> in blocking spam but that's a different topic.

AVG and Avast! free versions have e-mail scanning, AntiVir free version
and MSE do not. As e-mail scanning is not a priority for you, AntiVir is
my choice over MSE (I use Avast! free as well, but without the e-mail
scanner - e-mail scanning is almost useless).

From: David Kaye on
"jch" <jch(a)nospam.com> wrote:

>Anyone here use Microsoft Security Essentials? I don't have any experience
>with it but wondered how it compared to AVG, Avast, etc.

I've begun using it on one of my computers and set it up as a honeypot. Let's
see how good it is.

From: gufus on
Hello, WaIIy!

You wrote on Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:06:48 -0400:

| I have two batch files that turn on and off certain
| services and use Zone Alarm Pro.
|
| I just don't trust those guys (and gals).

Check out..

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Prev: Looking for...
Next: Ping: David Kaye