From: Robert Coe on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 17:27:36 -0700 (PDT), Rich <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:
: On Jul 1, 6:23�pm, Barry <bfeinst...(a)spamblocked.com> wrote:
: > On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:10:31 -0700 (PDT), RichA <rander3...(a)gmail.com>
: > wrote:
: >
: > >No new camera releases means fewer readers so they've taken to
: > >reviewing....P&S's!! �First Dpreview with that 12 pieces of junk
: > >review and the Amateur Photographer wasting pages on a Fuji Superzoom
: > >with a TINY sensor (what else is new?). �C'mon Nikon, Canon, Pentax,
: > >Sony, Oly-forget it, I forgot, Olympus bailed out of DSLRs.
: >
: > Why does it bother you so much that the majority of photographers,
: > amateur and pro, find P&S cameras more interesting, more capable, more
: > cost-effective, more portable, more adaptable, more publicly accepted,
: > and more important than DSLRs today?
:
: If majority opinion mattered, then Tiger Woods really would be driving
: a Buick, and not an Escalade.

If my opinion mattered, he'd be driving a Segway. But it doesn't. Neither does
yours. Or Barry's.

Rich, I have no idea when Dominion Day is, so I'll simply wish you a happy 4th
of July, and you can do the necessary date translation! ;^)

BTW, I mean no offense to the Brits in this group. Indeed, a case can be made
that our armed secession was unnecessary, since you'd have gotten tired enough
of us eventually. All I can say is that it did work out pretty well for us (at
least until those Bushes came along).

bob
From: Stuffed Crust on
In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Barry <bfeinstein(a)spamblocked.com> wrote:
> Why does it bother you so much that the majority of photographers, amateur
> and pro, find P&S cameras more interesting, more capable, more
> cost-effective, more portable, more adaptable, more publicly accepted, and
> more important than DSLRs today?

Bzzt, wrong.

The majority of photographers now use cell phone cameras. More
cost-effective, portable, adaptable, and definitely more publically
accepted.

As you like to point out, sales figures don't lie.

- Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet dot org
Melbourne, FL ^^ (mail/jabber/gtalk) ^^
From: Outing Trolls is FUN! on
On 02 Jul 2010 05:25:38 GMT, Stuffed Crust <pizza(a)spam.shaftnet.org> wrote:

>In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Barry <bfeinstein(a)spamblocked.com> wrote:
>> Why does it bother you so much that the majority of photographers, amateur
>> and pro, find P&S cameras more interesting, more capable, more
>> cost-effective, more portable, more adaptable, more publicly accepted, and
>> more important than DSLRs today?
>
>Bzzt, wrong.
>
>The majority of photographers now use cell phone cameras. More
>cost-effective, portable, adaptable, and definitely more publically
>accepted.
>
>As you like to point out, sales figures don't lie.
>
> - Solomon

Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the sales of
microwave-ovens as clocks.

From: Vance on
On Jul 1, 10:32 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <o...(a)trollouters.org>
wrote:
> On 02 Jul 2010 05:25:38 GMT, Stuffed Crust <pi...(a)spam.shaftnet.org> wrote:
>
> >In rec.photo.digital.slr-systems Barry <bfeinst...(a)spamblocked.com> wrote:
> >> Why does it bother you so much that the majority of photographers, amateur
> >> and pro, find P&S cameras more interesting, more capable, more
> >> cost-effective, more portable, more adaptable, more publicly accepted, and
> >> more important than DSLRs today?
>
> >Bzzt, wrong.
>
> >The majority of photographers now use cell phone cameras.  More
> >cost-effective, portable, adaptable, and definitely more publically
> >accepted.
>
> >As you like to point out, sales figures don't lie.
>
> > - Solomon
>
> Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the sales of
> microwave-ovens as clocks.

A point for the Troll! Always give credit where and when due.

Vance
From: Vance on
On Jul 1, 10:11 pm, LOL! <l...(a)lol.org> wrote:

> Thanks again for publicly admitting theft of others photos. And again,
> everyone can see what a lying and deceitful thief you are, in your very own
> words.

For people to see what a lying and deceitful thief I am, they will
need your help. I suggest you link to and point out the images in
question. If that is too much work, just describe them and I will be
happy to put them back up if they were switched out for new images.
After all, I am trying to be helpful in your pursuit of justice.

Perhaps it's not your own legal endeavors you are referring to but
someone else's? In that case you will need to inform the NG of who
that is so that they can follow up and see the truth of your
allegations. I'm up for that.

Barty, you have me so terrified that I almost bought a night light so
that you didn't pop out of the closet or crawl out from under my bed
and get me the way the biggest and baddest monsters always do.
However, I sleep better in the dark and since I haven't lost any sleep
over you yet, I couldn't think of a reason to start now.

Vance