From: John Navas on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 11:24:17 -0500, in
<i0qcdt$42j$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>, Doug McDonald
<mcdonald(a)scs.uiuc.edu> wrote:

>>> You kinda contradicted yourself with that quote, you know.
>>
>> How so?
>
>If it remains in the purse either:
>
>1) the image will be seriously underexposed
>
>2) you will set the purse on fire when the built in flash fires

Wow -- you guys are really reaching with that silliness!

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: nospam on
In article <13d1369j9nv2notuj37aggsbpbgnsufkdj(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> >>"The best camera is the one you have with you [out and ready]". The
> >>compact digital, unlike a dSLR, easily remains in the purse.
> >
> >You kinda contradicted yourself with that quote, you know.
>
> How so?

read it again.
From: nospam on
In article <doa136ltb6fdt2j2ud7q96s4m71h6gkflm(a)4ax.com>, tony cooper
<tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> You have a camera phone? Oh, no. That means we are in for months of
> posts from you telling us how your camera phone is superior to anyone
> else's camera phone, and anyone who doesn't get good photographs on a
> camera phone does not have the skills you do with a camera phone.
> That, and a bunch of whining.

he's already doing that about other aspects of his phone, including
making false statements about android, iphones and the industry.

what's funny is that if you look at his posts from last year, he said
smartphones were bloated and not desirable, while his sony tm-506 was
all that he needed, with just 2 or 3 apps and a much better operating
system. now that he has an android phone, he's totally reversed his
position.
From: Robert Coe on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:22:35 -0700, John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com>
wrote:
: On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 01:24:18 -0500, in
: <c5udnf473PSPtK3RnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com>
: wrote:
:
: >Sorry, it was long so I didn't read it carefully enough. But I should
: >have. I congratulate your daughter on getting pictures of kids with her
: >P&S's since it is without doubt the number one reason I've seen people
: >use (who have kids) as to why they move to DSLRs, to take pictures of
: >kids, in motion.
:
: Then they've been sold a bill of goods, because dSLRs are no more (and
: arguably less) well suited to that then compact digitals.

John, I believe you know a fair amount about a lot of things. But you couldn't
be more wrong about that.

Bob
From: John Navas on
On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 12:46:47 -0400, in
<3le13656ffgfbfmk7a1qjruf480jah7ptl(a)4ax.com>, Robert Coe <bob(a)1776.COM>
wrote:

>On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 08:22:35 -0700, John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com>
>wrote:
>: On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 01:24:18 -0500, in
>: <c5udnf473PSPtK3RnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d(a)giganews.com>, Rich <none(a)nowhere.com>
>: wrote:
>:
>: >Sorry, it was long so I didn't read it carefully enough. But I should
>: >have. I congratulate your daughter on getting pictures of kids with her
>: >P&S's since it is without doubt the number one reason I've seen people
>: >use (who have kids) as to why they move to DSLRs, to take pictures of
>: >kids, in motion.
>:
>: Then they've been sold a bill of goods, because dSLRs are no more (and
>: arguably less) well suited to that then compact digitals.
>
>John, I believe you know a fair amount about a lot of things. But you couldn't
>be more wrong about that.

In your opinion and style. Not in mine. Yes, I have used both a great
deal, and do have the experience to back that up. And it's a bit
arrogant to call somebody "wrong" just because they don't agree with
you.