From: John Navas on
On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 15:10:31 -0700 (PDT), in
<beb58567-5cb4-426d-858a-6aad64cefbea(a)u7g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
RichA <rander3127(a)gmail.com> wrote:

>No new camera releases means fewer readers so they've taken to
>reviewing....P&S's!! First Dpreview with that 12 pieces of junk
>review and the Amateur Photographer wasting pages on a Fuji Superzoom
>with a TINY sensor (what else is new?). C'mon Nikon, Canon, Pentax,
>Sony, Oly-forget it, I forgot, Olympus bailed out of DSLRs.

They're simply acknowledging what you're still in denial about. ;)

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: John McWilliams on
Vance wrote:
> On Jul 1, 10:32 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <o...(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
>> Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the sales of
>> microwave-ovens as clocks.
>
> A point for the Troll! Always give credit where and when due.

Yes, a good'un. My cameras, and cars, TVs and telephones also have
clocks in them. Over clocked I am!

--
john mcwilliams
From: Peter on
"John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
> Vance wrote:
>> On Jul 1, 10:32 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <o...(a)trollouters.org> wrote:
>>> Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the sales
>>> of
>>> microwave-ovens as clocks.
>>
>> A point for the Troll! Always give credit where and when due.
>
> Yes, a good'un. My cameras, and cars, TVs and telephones also have clocks
> in them. Over clocked I am!

IOW you never actually know hat time it is.

--
Peter

From: John McWilliams on
Peter wrote:
> "John McWilliams" <jpmcw(a)comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Vance wrote:
>>>
>>> A point for the Troll! Always give credit where and when due.
>>
>> Yes, a good'un. My cameras, and cars, TVs and telephones also have
>> clocks in them. Over clocked I am!
>

> IOW you never actually know hat time it is.

Does anyone really care?

As I mentioned,

I was walking down the street one day.......

--
john mcwilliams
From: DanP on
On Jul 2, 7:42 am, Vance <vance.l...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 1, 10:32 pm, Outing Trolls is FUN! <o...(a)trollouters.org>
> wrote:

> > >Bzzt, wrong.
>
> > >The majority of photographers now use cell phone cameras.  More
> > >cost-effective, portable, adaptable, and definitely more publically
> > >accepted.
>
> > >As you like to point out, sales figures don't lie.
>
> > > - Solomon
>
> > Counting the sales of cell-phones as cameras is like counting the sales of
> > microwave-ovens as clocks.
>
> A point for the Troll!  Always give credit where and when due.
>
> Vance

But my phone cost me less than my P&S.
It is also smaller and it has a GPS receiver in it.

So, if there is a cheaper, smaller clock with a microwave oven in it
then I will buy 3 please.

DanP