From: TaliesinSoft on
Here I am, nine days into my Magic Trackpad, and today I tried setting
it aside and returning to using a mouse and found that I really,
really, really missed the trackpad. Admittedly I still have some
adapting to the conventions of the trackpad to get used to, but all in
all I'm totally satisfied and love the fact that the various gestures
are much richer in capabilities than those provided by the mouse. In
short, it's a keeper!

From: Davoud on
TaliesinSoft wrote:

> Here I am, nine days into my Magic Trackpad, and today I tried setting
> it aside and returning to using a mouse and found that I really,
> really, really missed the trackpad. Admittedly I still have some
> adapting to the conventions of the trackpad to get used to, but all in
> all I'm totally satisfied and love the fact that the various gestures
> are much richer in capabilities than those provided by the mouse. In
> short, it's a keeper!

To each his own, let a thousand flowers bloom, all that, what? Here I
am, 12 years into PowerBooks and MacBook Pro's (two of the former and
three of the latter just now) and I still don't like trackpads.
Especially when they don't have primary and secondary buttons.

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
From: David Empson on
Davoud <star(a)sky.net> wrote:

> TaliesinSoft wrote:
>
> > Here I am, nine days into my Magic Trackpad, and today I tried setting
> > it aside and returning to using a mouse and found that I really,
> > really, really missed the trackpad. Admittedly I still have some
> > adapting to the conventions of the trackpad to get used to, but all in
> > all I'm totally satisfied and love the fact that the various gestures
> > are much richer in capabilities than those provided by the mouse. In
> > short, it's a keeper!
>
> To each his own, let a thousand flowers bloom, all that, what?

Indeed.

> Here I am, 12 years into PowerBooks and MacBook Pro's (two of the former
> and three of the latter just now) and I still don't like trackpads.

I'm on my fourth Apple laptop (iBook, PowerBook, two MacBook Pros). I
think trackpads are great, but I still use an external mouse for
occasional tasks.

> Especially when they don't have primary and secondary buttons.

I can't stand PC laptop trackpads which do have primary and secondary
buttons. I'm often clicking the wrong one simply because I'm using my
right thumb. I absolutely love Apple's implementation on recent models
of two-finger tap to do a secondary click, plus two-finger scroll with
momentum.

--
David Empson
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz
From: TaliesinSoft on

--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas

From: TaliesinSoft on
On 2010-08-08 01:37:03 -0500, Davoud said:

> TaliesinSoft wrote:
>> Here I am, nine days into my Magic Trackpad, and today I tried setting
>> it aside and returning to using a mouse and found that I really,
>> really, really missed the trackpad. Admittedly I still have some
>> adapting to the conventions of the trackpad to get used to, but all in
>> all I'm totally satisfied and love the fact that the various gestures
>> are much richer in capabilities than those provided by the mouse. In
>> short, it's a keeper!
> To each his own, let a thousand flowers bloom, all that, what? Here I
> am, 12 years into PowerBooks and MacBook Pro's (two of the former and
> three of the latter just now) and I still don't like trackpads.
> Especially when they don't have primary and secondary buttons.

The Magic Trackpad can indeed be configured to have primary and
secondary buttons, the primary being a click (as opposed to a tap)
almost anywhere on the pad, and the secondary being a click in the
lower righthand corner.
--
James Leo Ryan - Austin, Texas