From: siljaline on
JD wrote:
> Thanks Silj. We're all having a bit of a tough time determining who the
> trolls are but we all know you're not a troll. Keep up the good work!

Thanks, JD - I use a lot of killfiles to narrow down what I should be reading.
Look at what your newsreader can do for you.

> MbAM installs the latest version when one does the Check For Updates
> under the Updates tab.

I don't use the internal updater, I generally have that off, not that I would prescribe
that everyone do this. I just install over top.

Regards,

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: siljaline on
Dustin Cook wrote:
> I do appreciate your annoucements tho. :)

Thanks, Dustin -
That's what I've generally done here over the years, that and the odd Spyware tip for
good measure.

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov>

| Andy Walker wrote:
>> Jeez, I guess so. He posts these updates on Usenet and then thinks
>> people shouldn't discuss them on Usenet?

>> I'm Sorry, but it just doesn't work like that, Silj. This an
>> UNmoderated group for the discussion of spyware and the software that
>> can fix or prevent it...among other things.

| Duly spanked, this group has been so riddled with garbage of late I have been finding
| it difficult to determine who is trolling and who isn't.

| Duly unmoderated.

| Silj

Both Dustin and I are *more* than just acquainted with Malwarebytes'
{ wink, wink, nod, nod }

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov>

What Andy said :-)

--
Dave

From: David H. Lipman on
From: "siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov>

| Dustin Cook wrote:
>> Yea.. I know the research and development teams well, thanks. I don't need
>> the attitude.

| If you know the R&D Team, why were you remarking it was a short-run Beta ?
| Assuming you knew of the impending release ?

| @ FredW - noted.

| End of subject for me, I was announcing only.

| The changelog I pointed to was incorrect.
| <http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r24169969-App-Update-Malwarebytes-AntiMalware-Version-
| 146>

| Silj

v1.45 was in Beta much longer. v1.46 was practically over-night. :-)

--
Dave