From: JD on
siljaline wrote:
> JD wrote:
>> Thanks Silj. We're all having a bit of a tough time determining who the
>> trolls are but we all know you're not a troll. Keep up the good work!
>
> Thanks, JD - I use a lot of killfiles to narrow down what I should be reading.
> Look at what your newsreader can do for you.

I don't know, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment? From the current
state of this newsgroup, you must have quite a few killfiles. 8-)

>> MbAM installs the latest version when one does the Check For Updates
>> under the Updates tab.
>
> I don't use the internal updater, I generally have that off, not that I would prescribe
> that everyone do this. I just install over top.

I use the free version so it updates when I ask it to look. I'm not a
big fan of the auto-update no matter the program.

--
JD..
From: siljaline on
JD wrote:
> I don't know, I guess I'm a glutton for punishment? From the current
> state of this newsgroup, you must have quite a few killfiles. 8-)

Yes I do, being quite familair with news-*rulez* in Outlook Express, I have many.

> I use the free version so it updates when I ask it to look. I'm not a
> big fan of the auto-update no matter the program.

Go > Settings > Update Settings (again, not for everyone, this feature is on by default)
uncheck *but* don't expect the internal updater to work next time you use it.

Making mental note as I read this.

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: Peter Foldes on
Thank you from me also silj.

--
Peter

http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov> wrote in message
Andy Walker wrote:
> siljaline wrote:
>
>>Duly unmoderated.
>>
>>Silj
>
> At least you can't be accused of being a troll... ;-)
>
> Your contributions to this group are greatly appreciated.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Thanks, Andy ! Peace.

From: PajaP on
On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:41:19 -0500, JD <JD(a)example.invalid> wrote:

>Thanks Silj. We're all having a bit of a tough time determining who the
>trolls are but we all know you're not a troll. Keep up the good work!

FFS, a useful post again turned into TROLL talk and not one post from
the usual one you all moan about.
I am sure you are not but you all appear to be about 16 years old.

Welcome to my killfile JD, you muppet.
From: JD on
PajaP wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 18:41:19 -0500, JD<JD(a)example.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Silj. We're all having a bit of a tough time determining who the
>> trolls are but we all know you're not a troll. Keep up the good work!
>
> FFS, a useful post again turned into TROLL talk and not one post from
> the usual one you all moan about.
> I am sure you are not but you all appear to be about 16 years old.
>
> Welcome to my killfile JD, you muppet.

Thank you.

--
JD..