From: John Navas on
On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 14:33:45 -0700, in
<lb2q2656i1fn5lvk073ajijtjr861rsduu(a)4ax.com>, John Navas
<jncl1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 13:23:32 -0500, in <8944qsF9n0U2(a)mid.individual.net>,
>"mmyvusenet" <mmyvusenet(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
>
>>The weekend I took this photo of this other species, from this different
>>perspective:
>>
>>http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/4740405941/
>>
>>Thanks for your technical comments about photography.
>
>I like the image, but think the colors are a bit dull, and would benefit
>from levels adjustment.

A few of my own recent flower photos:
<http://i46.tinypic.com/r9orie.jpg>
<http://i49.tinypic.com/20ig8rr.jpg>
<http://i48.tinypic.com/jszv9l.jpg>
<http://i46.tinypic.com/24o8rbr.jpg>
<http://i49.tinypic.com/nw0wwi.jpg>
<http://i47.tinypic.com/aag8i9.jpg>
<http://i45.tinypic.com/jauq37.jpg>
<http://i45.tinypic.com/fdas6s.jpg>

--
Best regards,
John

Buying a dSLR doesn't make you a photographer,
it makes you a dSLR owner.
"The single most important component of a camera
is the twelve inches behind it." -Ansel Adams
From: tony cooper on
On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter"
<peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>"MC" <any(a)any.any> wrote in message
>> Peter wrote:
>>

>>> BTW Feel free to post one of your shots of any subject you choose. We
>>> will all learn from them.
>>

>> My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
>> have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
>> I am afraid.
>>

>What medium is that?

Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.

Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
to any conversation.

Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
excrement doesn't stink.

We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
bollards at Mah�.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
From: Peter on
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>>"MC" <any(a)any.any> wrote in message

>>> My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
>>> have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
>>> I am afraid.
>>>

>>What medium is that?
>
> Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
> questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
> knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
> certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
> award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
> poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.
>
> Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
> skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
> Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
> what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
> that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
> when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
> to any conversation.
>
> Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
> that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
> prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
> subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
> photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
> excrement doesn't stink.
>
> We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
> is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
> of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
> John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
> Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
> bollards at Mah�.

I have been trained that in this context, never to ask a question to which I
didn't know the answer.

You had me ROFLMAO!

--
Peter

From: George Kerby on

On 7/2/10 10:24 AM, in article reur2613jh0qchcnbbp08tpgkdidacl051(a)4ax.com,
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>> "MC" <any(a)any.any> wrote in message

>>> My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
>>> have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
>>> I am afraid.
>>>

>> What medium is that?
>
> Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
> questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
> knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
> certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
> award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
> poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.
>
> Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
> skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
> Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
> what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
> that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
> when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
> to any conversation.
>
> Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
> that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
> prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
> subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
> photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
> excrement doesn't stink.
>
> We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
> is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
> of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
> John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
> Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
> bollards at Mah�.

Pretty damn funny, Tony! But hell will freeze over first...

From: George Kerby on

On 7/2/10 10:24 AM, in article reur2613jh0qchcnbbp08tpgkdidacl051(a)4ax.com,
"tony cooper" <tony_cooper213(a)earthlink.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 10:32:58 -0400, "Peter"
> <peternew(a)nospamoptonline.net> wrote:
>
>> "MC" <any(a)any.any> wrote in message

>>> My images are made only for the medium for which they were intended. I
>>> have more integrity than to tart my wares on an insignificant newsgroup
>>> I am afraid.
>>>

>> What medium is that?
>
> Madame Trollista. She contacts the spirit world to get answers to
> questions that we living mortals cannot supply. Only Madame Trollista
> knows what major publication's cover was graced by a photo taken a
> certain poster here. Only Madame Trollista knows where the
> award-winning photographs are that were taken by the
> poster-of-a-thousand-names with a simple point-and-shoot camera.
>
> Only Madame Trollista can tell you how to set your camera to make the
> skies more blue and to reduce the shutter-lag of your pocket camera.
> Only Madame Trollista can tell you what Joel meant to say when he said
> what he did, when Floyd admitted to an error, when John Navas agreed
> that his camera was not the best-possible camera for all things, and
> when Kerby or Fischer ever contributed anything meaningful or sensible
> to any conversation.
>
> Madame Trollista can part the veils of time and space and can tell you
> that, someday, Chris H. will cease (if only for a moment) being a
> prick, when Miguel will discover that human interest is a valid
> subject for a photo, that Noons will give an attaboy to Annika for a
> photograph well-taken, and when Annika will discover that his own
> excrement doesn't stink.
>
> We will have to wait, though, for these revelations. Madame Trollista
> is currently on a cruise to the Seychelle Islands and taking advantage
> of coupon clipped from a this-is-not-spam posting by John Sisker.
> John will later supply us with interesting photographs of The Varicose
> Vein Princess's game deck's quoits storage locker and the mooring
> bollards at Mah�.

BTW: Let me add that Madame Trollista will tell you when Rich actually has
praise for something, or buys an Apple product...