From: David Kaye on
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote:

>I read this somewhere...:
>"Would you trust a security application written by the people who wrote
>the operating system that needs it?"

I said this somewhere...

"You have to believe that Microsoft will get this right because since they're
releasing their own security software, their entire reputation as a company is
on the line now. Not so when they relied on 3rd parties to provide
protection. Now there's nobody to blame."

From: David Kaye on
"David W. Hodgins" <dwhodgins(a)nomail.afraid.org> wrote:

>I'm saying that some people don't, not all. In the case of m$, they
>have a long history of not showing any change in their ability to
>develop and maintain secure software.

Given Adobe's failure to patch its software and Apple's refusal to use it in
their machines, I'd say that MS is miles ahead of Adobe. Also, nobody's
mentioning that Apple has security issues, but they keep it covered up. Apple
issues patches all the time.

From: David Kaye on
GrtArtiste <grtartiste(a)aol.com> wrote:

>If Ubuntu is too buggy for you, then you either have hardware
>conflicts or you're doing it wrong.

Ubuntu is simply not ready for prime time. I doubt it or any other free-range
OS ever will be. There simply isn't the tech support necessary to fix it all.

From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
David Kaye wrote:

> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>> I read this somewhere...:
>> "Would you trust a security application written by the people who
>> wrote the operating system that needs it?"
>
> I said this somewhere...
>
> "You have to believe that Microsoft will get this right ...

No I don't! <lol>

--
-bts
From: Dustin Cook on
"Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote in

> David Kaye wrote:
>
>> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" wrote:
>>> I read this somewhere...:
>>> "Would you trust a security application written by the people who
>>> wrote the operating system that needs it?"
>>
>> I said this somewhere...
>>
>> "You have to believe that Microsoft will get this right ...
>
> No I don't! <lol>

I was wondering where you went. <G>

--
The bear went over the mountain to see what he could see. Hey! The other
side of the mountain was all that he could see! So he went back over the