From: Big 666 on
Dustin Cook wrote:
> "Beauregard T. Shagnasty" <a.nony.mous(a)example.invalid> wrote in
>
>> David Kaye wrote:

>>> I said this somewhere...
>>>
>>> "You have to believe that Microsoft will get this right ...
>> No I don't! <lol>
>>

> I was wondering where you went. <G>

He went off and cried over someone dumping Linux for a couple of days.
Let's hope he's alright. :-P
From: Beauregard T. Shagnasty on
Big 666 wrote:

> Dustin Cook wrote:

>>> No I don't! <lol>
>>>
>> I was wondering where you went. <G>
>
> He went off and cried over someone dumping Linux for a couple of days.
> Let's hope he's alright. :-P

No he didn't, and yes he's alright. ;-)

--
-bts

From: Dave Cohen on
David Kaye wrote:
> GrtArtiste <grtartiste(a)aol.com> wrote:
>
>> If Ubuntu is too buggy for you, then you either have hardware
>> conflicts or you're doing it wrong.
>
> Ubuntu is simply not ready for prime time. I doubt it or any other free-range
> OS ever will be. There simply isn't the tech support necessary to fix it all.

I installed it in a spare partition a while back. I'm a little tired of
all the hype. Ubuntu works well enough for internet use but most (not
all) of the apps lack the polish of their windows equivalent where they
exist and it updates virtually every time I bring it up. I have no
problems with winxp and windows 7 works very well. My main complaint
with windows is some software and my scanner cease working when updating
from winxp to windows 7, but Linux isn't much help here also.
For all you people out there, use whatever suits your purpose, but cease
and desist trying to sell your pet preferences to the whole world,
nobody is paying you to do so and nobody cares.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Dave Cohen" <user(a)example.net>

| David Kaye wrote:
>> GrtArtiste <grtartiste(a)aol.com> wrote:

>>> If Ubuntu is too buggy for you, then you either have hardware
>>> conflicts or you're doing it wrong.

>> Ubuntu is simply not ready for prime time. I doubt it or any other free-range
>> OS ever will be. There simply isn't the tech support necessary to fix it all.

| I installed it in a spare partition a while back. I'm a little tired of
| all the hype. Ubuntu works well enough for internet use but most (not
| all) of the apps lack the polish of their windows equivalent where they
| exist and it updates virtually every time I bring it up. I have no
| problems with winxp and windows 7 works very well. My main complaint
| with windows is some software and my scanner cease working when updating
| from winxp to windows 7, but Linux isn't much help here also.
| For all you people out there, use whatever suits your purpose, but cease
| and desist trying to sell your pet preferences to the whole world,
| nobody is paying you to do so and nobody cares.

Well said!

--
Dave

From: gufus on
Hello, Man-wai!

You wrote on Sat, 26 Jun 2010 15:52:00 +0800:

FL>> The Microsoft Security Essentials seems to work rather well from what
FL>> I have read, and from a personal opinion the interface is simple and
FL>> functional.
FL>>
FL>> Anyone else using this product?
MwC>
MwC> It requires activation. Still using Avira Personal.

Me too Avira Premium tho , Been using Avira for years now. Good AV, IMHO
--
With best regards, gufus. E-mail: stop.nospam.gbbsg(a)shaw.ca

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Prev: TT Livescan Update Info - 6-24-2010
Next: BD (simply put)