From: rickman on
On Mar 21, 3:43 pm, Petter Gustad <newsmailco...(a)gustad.com> wrote:
> rickman <gnu...(a)gmail.com> writes:
> > I find your tag line to be pretty annoying as well.  It is one of
>
> Of course I can remove it. I just got a little curious. Is it that
> I've been using it for so long? Is it the length? Or is it the context
> that annoys you?

It is just the repetition of the message I think. First, I guess I
don't agree that it is something that needs to be addressed in this
way. Others have used this sort of sig too and after some several
hundreds or thousands of times of seeing it it becomes an annoyance.
The same is true for commercials on TV. I can't stand some of them
the first time I see them. Others start getting on my nerves after a
few dozen times. That is why I use the mute and it is also why I
haven't done anything to get more channels after I fell of the digital
cliff on the broadcast conversion. I now get three channels from one
public TV station and am pretty happy with that actually.

Thanks for being understanding about your sig.

Rick
From: Anssi Saari on
rickman <gnuarm(a)gmail.com> writes:

> It is just the repetition of the message I think. First, I guess I
> don't agree that it is something that needs to be addressed in this
> way. Others have used this sort of sig too and after some several
> hundreds or thousands of times of seeing it it becomes an annoyance.

I don't understand. You read signatures? And get annoyed by them? Why?
It should be entirely voluntary. I at least don't display them
usually, why would I? It's the message that's important. It's like
complaining about repetitive headers...

Or is this something that Google Groups users do?
First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Prev: Antti....
Next: Laptop for FPGA design?