From: TomGee on
Oh My Gawd, Worms! Read the last sentences in the last three
paragraphs of my post! Or get someone to read them to you.

From: Don1 on
Herman Trivilino wrote:
> "Don1" <dcshead(a)charter.net> wrote ...
>
> > 3) Resultant motion is the algebraic sum of inertial motion and forced
> > displacement, and can be written mathematically as d/t=l/t + s/t; or as
> > d/t=l/t + (a/2)t^2:
>
> I thought my example of the motion of the Plymouth Prowler made it clear to
> you that this formulation gives results that don't match the way cars really
> move.
>
> Is it not supposed to do that?!

These motions are just the basic premises, or postulates. All actual
motion is affected by various forces such as the power source and all
kinds of friction. Not to mention that the Prowler is a unique
automobile.

Don

From: Don1 on
Sam Wormley wrote:
> Newton is much more precise
Snip<

> "Newton's [second] law completely describes all the phenomena
> of classical mechanics...."

I don't think so.

Don

From: Sam Wormley on
TomGee wrote:
> Oh My Gawd, Worms! Read the last sentences in the last three
> paragraphs of my post! Or get someone to read them to you.

Will you read it for me?
From: Sam Wormley on
Don1 wrote:
> Sam Wormley wrote:
>
>>Newton is much more precise
>
> Snip<
>
>> "Newton's [second] law completely describes all the phenomena
>> of classical mechanics...."
>

> I don't think so.
>
> Don

How so?