From: Sam Wormley on
TomGee wrote:

> So you agree with PD and Worms. What else is new? They only believe
> that because they were taught to believe that. Anyone with a real
> brain would be able to support such a wild statement, but I see you
> offered none, so that's just your opinion.

I make the assumption that TomGee has a brain... now if he would
just use it to learn the basis of classical mechanics, Newton's
three laws of motion.

DBSFSTG
From: mmeron on
In article <HsYXe.355214$_o.7926(a)attbi_s71>, Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)mchsi.com> writes:
>Don1 wrote:
>
>> Well I dont know Randy, is that according to the law of action equals
>> reaction? After all of the propellant has been exhausted isn't it all
>> going backward at the same speed as the rocket is going forward? Isn't
>> that what equilibrium is all about?
>>

> Conservation of Momentum (is what Shead needs to learn).

There is lots of more elementary stuff that he needs to learn first.

Mati Meron | "When you argue with a fool,
meron(a)cars.uchicago.edu | chances are he is doing just the same"
From: odin on
>> Conservation of Momentum (is what Shead needs to learn).
>
> There is lots of more elementary stuff that he needs to learn first.

Yes, but even before that, he needs to unlearn a lot of nonsense first.

From: mmeron on
In article <24GdnQ3sstAY_q3eRVn-oQ(a)whidbeytel.com>, "odin" <ragnarok(a)yahoo.com> writes:
>>> Conservation of Momentum (is what Shead needs to learn).
>>
>> There is lots of more elementary stuff that he needs to learn first.
>
>Yes, but even before that, he needs to unlearn a lot of nonsense first.

Yes, true. Well, "reformat and reload" seems to be in order.

From: Sam Wormley on
gerald kelleher wrote:
> */Sam Wormley <swormley1(a)mchsi.com>/* wrote:
>>
>> Implicit in the second law is a reference, and motion is always with
>> respect to something.
>>
>> Newton's Second Law
>> http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/NewtonsSecondLaw.html
>>
>> Newton had is right, F = dp/dt is right on!
>>
>> "The motion of a particle is described by Euler's statement of Newton's
>> second law, namely
>>
>> F = ma
>>
>> Here F is the applied force, m is the mass of the particle, and
>> a = dv/dt is the particle's acceleration, with v being the particle's
>> velocity. This equation, together with the principle that bodies act
>> symmetrically on one another--so that the force particle A feels from
>> particle B is equal to the force B feels from A--is the basis for
>> understanding particle dynamics".
>>
>> "Newton's law completely describes all the phenomena of classical
>> mechanics...."
>>

> Newton's law indeed - if you are so indoctrinated into just how
> completely he brought everything within his ballistic agenda then I
> suppose you are unlikely the appreciate what appears as an assault
> on the eyes of the one real astronomer to appear on these forums.
>
> "Cor. 2. And since these *stars* are liable to no sensible parallax
> from
> the annual motion of the earth, they can have no force, because of
> their immense distance, to produce any sensible effect in our system.
> Not to mention that the fixed *stars*, every where promiscuously
> *dispersed* in the heavens, by their contrary actions destroy their
> mutual actions, by Prop. LXX, Book I."[Principia]
>
> You want your complete explanation then enjoy the above passage for
> it tells you just what your limitations are.
>
> You never encountered a real astronomer, what you have is cataloguers
> in the mold of Flamsteed pretending to be astronomers so enjoy your
> rotten dominance with a cartoon astronomical outlook for I assure
> you that people know no better, either you or anyone else.

I'm not understanding what your problem is Gerald...
First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Prev: Free fall
Next: 50% OF POPULATION BELOW AVG IQ!