From: Bruce on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:41:21 +0100, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>[]
>> You could start by heeding your own advice, and not adding to a thread
>> that you would wish to see killed.
>>
>> If there is a problem, and that is a debate in itself, all you are
>> doing is adding to it. I suppose it gives you a sense of moral
>> one-upmanship, but that is purely an illusion.
>
>.. and you've just done the same, Bruce!

No, because I don;t agree with your perception of "a problem".

>I'm suggesting a way of removing, or at least reducing the problem. No
>"moral one-upmanship" at all. Practical advice about the benefits of a
>kill-file and not responding.

You think you are in some way superior to the guy you want to censor.
Unfortunately, the truth is that, among all the gratuitous abuse, he
does have a positive contribution to make, and he has some views that
are worthy of being listened to (among others that are surely not).

Perhaps, one day, we will be able to say that you made a positive
contribution here, but I have yet to see one. All I see is someone
who is trying to claim moral superiority over other people while
standing on some very shaky, almost non-existent foundations.

From: David J Taylor on
"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
[]
> Perhaps, one day, we will be able to say that you made a positive
> contribution here, but I have yet to see one.
[]

Many who have corresponded with me here seem to think otherwise.

Cheers,
David

From: Peter on
"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:41:21 +0100, "David J Taylor"
> <david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

<snip>>
>>.. and you've just done the same, Bruce!
>

> No, because I don;t agree with your perception of "a problem".
>

>>I'm suggesting a way of removing, or at least reducing the problem. No
>>"moral one-upmanship" at all. Practical advice about the benefits of a
>>kill-file and not responding.
>

> You think you are in some way superior to the guy you want to censor.
> Unfortunately, the truth is that, among all the gratuitous abuse, he
> does have a positive contribution to make, and he has some views that
> are worthy of being listened to (among others that are surely not).
>
> Perhaps, one day, we will be able to say that you made a positive
> contribution here, but I have yet to see one. All I see is someone
> who is trying to claim moral superiority over other people while
> standing on some very shaky, almost non-existent foundations.

Brucie,

You certainly are coming off like a pompous a-hole. I wonder why.

--
Peter

From: Bruce on
On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 16:48:07 +0100, "David J Taylor"
<david-taylor(a)blueyonder.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>[]
>> Perhaps, one day, we will be able to say that you made a positive
>> contribution here, but I have yet to see one.
>[]
>
>Many who have corresponded with me here seem to think otherwise.

Those who share my view are of course unlikely ever to waste their
time corresponding with you. My lasting memory of your
"contributions" here will be your seemingly authoritative comments
about equipment you personally know nothing about and have never used,
touched or probably even seen, except in online images.

But that's the Internet for you. ;-)

So you'll need to forgive me if I have some difficulty deciding who is
the troll here, you or LOL!

From: David J Taylor on
"Bruce" <docnews2011(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
[]
> Those who share my view are of course unlikely ever to waste their
> time corresponding with you. My lasting memory of your
> "contributions" here will be your seemingly authoritative comments
> about equipment you personally know nothing about and have never used,
> touched or probably even seen, except in online images.
>
> But that's the Internet for you. ;-)
>
> So you'll need to forgive me if I have some difficulty deciding who is
> the troll here, you or LOL!

It's a sad reflection that you appear to unable to distinguish, and have
to resort to personal insults. You will have read what others think. All
I'm doing is to try and make this a more pleasant place for everyone.

David

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Prev: New photo