From: sanj on
Thanks David,

This is for the full version of PowerPoint 2000 +

I have a slide which has images of various companies, I also have a image
(can be a simple textbox) that says 'case studies'

1. What I would like to do is when the user clicks on 'case studies'
textbox/image
2. It displays/reveals the images (again this could be just several
textboxes) of each of the companies that there are case studies for
3. then the user can click which one case study they would like to see and
the textbox can be linked to that slide (this bit I can do!)

I would like to keep all this interaction on one slide and jump to each case
study slide

I hope this make sense.

Sanj

"David M. Marcovitz" <DavidMMarcovitz(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:44FE783F-5C67-4A3A-9C92-1C1AF73CB342(a)microsoft.com...
> Try to explain in more detail what you want to do. If it is simply making
> other pictures appear with one mouse over or mouse click, then see my
other
> post about linking to another slide. If it is more complicated, then
explain
> it in more detail. A macro is certainly possible, but macros only work
with
> the full version of PowerPoint (versions 97 and above), not the PowerPoint
> Viewer.
>
> You might check out examples on my Web site that use macros to hide and
show
> objects on the screen:
>
> http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/
>
> Click on "Examples by Chapter" and "Chapter 6." Example 6.4 is a fairly
> simple example that does this.
>
> --David
>
> David Marcovitz
> Author of _Powerful PowerPoint for Educators_
> http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/
>

> "sanj" wrote:
>
> > Thanks Ute,
> >
> > I need to ensure that this caters for all PPT versions from 2000, could
> > write a macro that does this - my question is how do define what each
> > image/object is called ?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Sanjay
> >

> > "Ute Simon" <us(a)ppt-user.ed> wrote in message
> > except
> > the
> > >
> > > Hi Sanj,
> > >
> > > you can make pictures appear on mouseclick in every version of
PowerPoint,
> > > just animate them.
> > >
> > > If you want them to appear if you click on a certain object or area in
> > your
> > > slide in any sequential order you choose, this is possible with
PowerPoint

From: David M. Marcovitz on
Is there an overriding reason why you need to keep it to one slide? With two
slides, you can do everything you described very easily. With one slide,
you'll have to use macros, which will add much more complexity than an extra
slide, particularly if you are not proficient with macros.

I would simply make two slides, one with the "case sudies" and one without.
The one without hyperlinks to the slide with the case stuides by clicking on
or mouse overing (or is that mousing over?) the word or image for "case
studies." Only you have to know that these are different slides.

If you want help with a macro solution, let us know, but I recommend against
it.

--David

David Marcovitz

From: sanj on
I'm sorry but I do need keep it on one slide, I would appreciate using
macros.

I have also playing around with creating forms that have images for case
studies, that goto a particular slide however when a slide is moved it goes
to the wrong slide.

Regards,

Sanj

"David M. Marcovitz" <DavidMMarcovitz(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A62F6E61-5B83-4346-90E4-BFCC2E8ABBAF(a)microsoft.com...

From: David M. Marcovitz on
I'm very skeptical, but I will take your word for it that you need to
keep it on one slide. Just to be clear, the two-slide solution will
likely take you a few minutes to implement while the macro solution
(unless you are already familiar with the basics of macros in PowerPoint)
will likely take you a few hours to implement. Now that I've warned
you...

To get started, you will want to check out the Programming PowerPoint
section of the PPT FAQ:

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/#PROGRAMMING_POWERPOINT

Or you will want to check out my book about using macros in PowerPoint:

http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/

The basic thing you want to do is write some macros that show shapes and
write some macros that hide shapes. For example:

Sub ShowMyShapes()
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes(3) _
.Visible = True
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes(4) _
.Visible = True
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes(5) _
.Visible = True
End Sub

Sub HideMyShapes()
ActivePresentation.Slides(1).View.Slide.Shapes(3) _
.Visible = False
ActivePresentation.Slides(1).View.Slide.Shapes(4) _
.Visible = False
ActivePresentation.Slides(1).View.Slide.Shapes(5) _
.Visible = False
End Sub

But the details will all be very important and will depend on all the
details of what you want to do.

--David
--
David M. Marcovitz
Director of Graduate Programs in Educational Technology

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <Xns95FD773109777marcoNOSPAMloyolaedu(a)207.46.248.16>, David M.
Marcovitz wrote:
> I'm very skeptical, but I will take your word for it that you need to
> keep it on one slide. Just to be clear, the two-slide solution will
> likely take you a few minutes to implement while the macro solution
> (unless you are already familiar with the basics of macros in PowerPoint)
> will likely take you a few hours to implement. Now that I've warned
> you...
>
> To get started, you will want to check out the Programming PowerPoint
> section of the PPT FAQ:
>
> http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/#PROGRAMMING_POWERPOINT
>
> Or you will want to check out my book about using macros in PowerPoint:
>
> http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/
>
> The basic thing you want to do is write some macros that show shapes and
> write some macros that hide shapes. For example:

I'd probably go at it a little differently:

Sub ToggleVisibility()
Dim oSh as Shape
For Each oSh in ActivePresentationSlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes
If oSh.Tags("ToggleMe") = "YES" Then
oSh.Visible = Not oSh.Visible
End If
Next ' Shape
End Sub

Then you'd tag each of the shapes you want to toggle with a ToggleMe = YES tag.
Our StarterSet Plus toobar (http://starterset.pptools.com) does this and a
bunch of other useful stuff for the cost of a week's worth of lattes or so. Or
DIY:

Sub ToggleTagMe()
Call ActiveWindow.Selection.ShapeRange(1).Tags.Add("ToggleMe", "YES")
End Sub

> Sub ShowMyShapes()
> ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes(3) _
> .Visible = True
> ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes(4) _
> .Visible = True
> ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.Slide.Shapes(5) _
> .Visible = True
> End Sub
>
> Sub HideMyShapes()
> ActivePresentation.Slides(1).View.Slide.Shapes(3) _
> .Visible = False
> ActivePresentation.Slides(1).View.Slide.Shapes(4) _
> .Visible = False
> ActivePresentation.Slides(1).View.Slide.Shapes(5) _
> .Visible = False
> End Sub
>
> But the details will all be very important and will depend on all the
> details of what you want to do.
>
> --David

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com