From: sanj on
Hi,

Is it possible to have several images on screen all hidden at first except
the (master), then when the mouse goes over (or clicks on )the master the
others to be displayed - or something similar?

Thanks!

Sanj

From: Ute Simon on
> Is it possible to have several images on screen all hidden at first except
> the (master), then when the mouse goes over (or clicks on )the master the
> others to be displayed - or something similar?

Hi Sanj,

you can make pictures appear on mouseclick in every version of PowerPoint,
just animate them.

If you want them to appear if you click on a certain object or area in your
slide in any sequential order you choose, this is possible with PowerPoint
2002 or 2003. You have the so called trigger animations in these newer
versions. See Echo's website for a tutorial:
http://www.echosvoice.com/triggers.htm

In PowerPoint 97 or 2000 you have to fake this effect using several slides.

Kind regards,
Ute

From: sanj on
Thanks Ute,

I need to ensure that this caters for all PPT versions from 2000, could I
write a macro that does this - my question is how do define what each
image/object is called ?

Regards,

Sanjay

From: David M. Marcovitz on
What Ute said and ...

If you are using earlier version of PowerPoint or really need the mouseover
effect, you'll have to do something else. There are a few possibilities. From
what you described, you seem to want all other pictures to appear at once. If
this is the case, you could set the Action Settings of the master picture, to
hyperlink to another slide on mouse over. Right-click on the master picture
and choose Action Settings. Click on the Mouse Over tab, and choose
hyperlink. On the other slide, you can have the master picture if you want
and the other pictures. It will look just like an animation. If you want them
to fly in (or animate in some way other than just appear), just set the other
pictures to animate automatically.

If you want to do something more complicated, you might have to resort to VBA.

--David

David Marcovitz
http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/

From: David M. Marcovitz on
Try to explain in more detail what you want to do. If it is simply making
other pictures appear with one mouse over or mouse click, then see my other
post about linking to another slide. If it is more complicated, then explain
it in more detail. A macro is certainly possible, but macros only work with
the full version of PowerPoint (versions 97 and above), not the PowerPoint
Viewer.

You might check out examples on my Web site that use macros to hide and show
objects on the screen:

http://www.loyola.edu/education/PowerfulPowerPoint/

Click on "Examples by Chapter" and "Chapter 6." Example 6.4 is a fairly
simple example that does this.