From: David M. Marcovitz on
You only have access to things like onendshow or onslideshow if you are
trapping events. See "Make PPT respond to events" from the PPT FAQ:

http://www.rdpslides.com/pptfaq/FAQ00004.htm

--David

--
David M. Marcovitz
Director of Graduate Programs in Educational Technology

From: Steve Rindsberg on
In article <eCcdcGRFFHA.3972(a)TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl>, Sanj wrote:
> Thanks Steve for your email, I got this working (I was placing the code in
> the slide VB code instead of in a module)

Ah, thanks for mentioning that. I hadn't thought of that trick.

> Could I ask how can I set that shapes are always hidden when the show
> starts, with the ToggleVisibility() code if you set it visible in a show
> then end the show and restart it the shapes are then visible, I would like
> them to be hidden always whenever the show starts.

I'd do it this way: make the first slide of the presentation a welcome screen.
Add a button or a full screen rectangle or whatever, just something that the
user clicks to begin the show.

That shape gets assigned a Run Macro action setting.
The macro it's assigned to runs through the whole presentation and makes each
tagged shape invisible:

Sub HideThemAll()
Dim oSh as Shape
Dim oSl as Slide
For each osl in ActivePresentation.Slides
For each oSh in oSl.Shapes
If oSh.Tags("ToggleMe") = "YES" Then
oSh.Visible = False
End if
Next
Next
' and advance to slide 2 to start the show
ActivePresentation.SlideShowWindow.View.GotoSlide(2)

End Sub

> BTW great product ( PPTools!)

<Bow> Thanks.

> Thanks,
>
> Sanjay
>
> "Steve Rindsberg" <abuse(a)localhost.com> wrote in message
> > In article <#Eoic1uEFHA.1348(a)TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, Sanj wrote:
> > > Thanks Guys, Steve when you say 'Tag' what exactly does this mean? is
> this
> > > done through VB?
> >
> > VB or VBA, yes.
> >
> > Each Presentation, Slide or Shape has a Tags collection that consists of
> named
> > strings.
> >
> > For example, given a reference to a shape in oShp, you could:
> >
> > oShp.Tags.Add "TagName", "TagValue"
> >
> > Then later
> >
> > Msgbox oShap.Tags("TagName")
> >
> > > How do you know what shape number you are refering to - is there
> something
> > > you can click on to see the shapes property?
> > >
> > > Also if was to purchase your StarterStep Plus will I need to make sure
> each
> > > person presenting has it installed on their machines?
> >
> > StarterSet plus has a kind of object inspector that shows you (and lets
> you
> > edit) tags, the shape name and in some cases, link paths.
> >
> > The tags and other properties it sets are part of PowerPoint itself ...
> once
> > set, they're part of the presentation, and your code running on any copy
> of PPT
> > can access them. No need for StarterSet to be present.
> >
> > It's just like setting a shape's fill color to Blue. You can do it
> manually or
> > with code or an addin can do it, but any copy of PPT will still display
> the
> > shape's fill as blue.
> >
> > Tags are the same; the only difference is that there's no user interface
> > them other than ones we write for ourselves.
> >
> > If all you need to do is set a few tag values, it's simple enough to code;
> we
> > can help you with that. Just ask ...
> >

> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Sanj
> > >
> > > "Steve Rindsberg" <abuse(a)localhost.com> wrote in message
> M.
> > > PowerPoint)

> PowerPoint

> PowerPoint:

> and

> YES
> > > tag.
> and
> or
> > > so. Or

> "YES")

> the

> > Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
> > PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
> > PPTools: www.pptools.com

Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com
PPTools: www.pptools.com

From: sanj on
Thanks Steve,

That's great, the only problem is if the presenter uses a mouse a the front
screen it will not work if the page up /space bar are used, its a shame you
cannot add the macro to when the first slide is viewed.

Regards,

From: David M. Marcovitz on
Page Up and Space Bar won't work, but you can make the button large
enough so fine mouse control is not necessary.
--David

From: sanj on
Yep thats what I'll do.

Thanks David!