From: MEB on
On 01/08/2010 06:29 AM, David H. Lipman wrote:
> From: "Hot-text" <hot-text(a)hotmail.com>
>
> | 8 years old is it a Win98
> | if is put AVAST Version 4.8 Home Edition - Free Antivirus on the Old PC
> | first and Kill that Trojan!
>

> Avast no longer supports Win9x/ME.

AND the defs for the AVAST 4.8 versions will only be SUPPOSEDLY [per
Alwil support] offered for a limited time period during 2010.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: Steve on
The only reason I'm not taking your advice right this minute is because
I would have to hook up that computer to the internet to download Avast
and probably update it.
Time Warner already cut us off twice (for generating spam from our
account). Once, my wife was using her computer and suddenly all web
sites became a Time Warner message. She only had to click to promise we
were working on it. When the same happened to me, they made me call and
wait on hold until I could talk to a guy about the problem.

Oh, the computer came with Windows ME. It was changed to XP later.

Steve

From: "FromTheRafters" erratic on
"John" <a> wrote in message

> "FromTheRafters" <erratic @nomail.afraid.org> wrote in message
>> It usually clears after some updates - I'm guessing that they address
>> FPs as they become evident.
>
> Yup, that's exactly what I'm experiencing.

That is why it is often stressed that the program should be configured
to ask (or quarantine) rather than outright delete a suspect file.

From: Hot-text on
O why I have on a Windows 98 just add Two weeks ago!

From: Hot-text on
So you do not have AVAST 4.8 versions on your win98 like me <<<<Hmm