From: Hot-text on
YOU DO NOT HAVE Too hook up that computer to the internet to download Avast
That is Not the way to do it
You Burner Avast to a CB on that New computer and put it in the old one
Steve >>>>

From: Peter Foldes on
Your Spiel Chuker is infected

--
Peter

From: MEB on
On 01/14/2010 02:49 PM, Hot-text wrote:
> So you do not have AVAST 4.8 versions on your win98 like me <<<<Hmm

No, I do not have AVAST installed in WIn98 anymore. The PRIMARY reason
is that there is and will be no further updates to the engine to address
the newer exploits [only so much can be done with def updates]; and when
using it, I found it hadn't provided the protection necessary to prevent
my computer from getting infected [though I was *deliberately* accessing
questionable sites using Win98SE].
And yes, the information and hacks/exploits were submitted to the
proper places.

For your reference, *including contacts with and from Alwil*, see
archival win98.gen_discussion postings concerning AVAST and support -
search last year - 2009.

--
MEB
http://peoplescounsel.org/ref/windows-main.htm
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Hot-text" <hot-text(a)hotmail.com>

| O why I have on a Windows 98 just add Two weeks ago!

Support ended 12/31/09

--
Dave