From: hutch-- on
smile,

> Its no effort for me Hutch. I am sorry that you feel this way.

Seems you have already passed all of your brains without having cleared
your mind. The only solution is to eat that hat as you may get some
roughage out of it.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com

From: o///annnabee on
P? Sun, 09 Apr 2006 02:05:11 +0200, skrev hutch-- <hutch(a)movsd.com>:

> smile,
>
>> Its no effort for me Hutch. I am sorry that you feel this way.
>
> Seems you have already passed all of your brains without having cleared
> your mind.

I doubt not that your mind is fully cleared from such activities...

> The only solution is to eat that hat as you may get some
> roughage out of it.

Allways listen to people with experience.

From: hutch-- on
smile,

> Allways listen to people with experience.

Listening will not help you eat that hat, only lotsa chewin will do
that.

Regards,

hutch at movsd dot com

From: o///annnabee on
P? Sun, 09 Apr 2006 12:19:32 +0200, skrev hutch-- <hutch(a)movsd.com>:

> smile,
>
>> Allways listen to people with experience.
>
> Listening will not help you eat that hat, only lotsa chewin will do
> that.

:)) I can only trust your expertise here Hutch.

From: Dragontamer on

\\\o///annabee wrote:
> På 7 Apr 2006 22:01:36 -0700, skrev sevagK <kahlinor(a)yahoo.com>:
>
> > Wow hutch,
> > This is the most constructive post you've made to ala in my memory!
> > What gives... Are you feeling okay?
>
> :))
>
> I actually liked it, upto the point where he claims readable means
> readable for someone else.
>
> "..a consideration of who has to read it the next time"
>
> This is to me a bogus statement. If you write code that is readable and
> maintainable to yourself, then it is automatically readable to someone
> else. If not, you are so spesial, that you will
> not be able to write code readable for someone else either, even if you
> tried.
>
> To write code to be readable to others is a very stange idea.
> If you write it to yourself, and the style proves maintainable and usable,
> it _IS_ by definition a good style, and it is valid to say that it will
> also be readable and maintainable to someone else. They may have to learn
> some intial new customs, but when they get a grip on the system, they will
> read the code just as well as the one writing it.

On the other hand: if you work in a team, for example the GNU
project...

You have to write in a way consistent to the rest of your team members,
so that
not only YOU find it readable, but that everyone else on your team
finds it readable.

Nonetheless, Wannabie's logic holds for programs written by one
developer. Which
is one reason why I argue that language doesn't matter except in terms
of popularity.

--Dragontamer