From: DanS on

> Cor - Dan is correct. Ain't is not considered a valid
> english construct - at least in the US. It is generally
> only used regularly by small children or the more
> uneducated segments of US society :)

Unfortunately, as I understand, 'aint' has been added to the
dictionary.

But still, I'm old enough that I was taught that it wasn't a
word. I'm a bit of a stickler on grammar.

From: ralph on
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:13:05 -0600, Tom Shelton
<tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote:

>Cor - Dan is correct. Ain't is not considered a valid english
>construct - at least in the US. It is generally only used regularly by
>small children or the more uneducated segments of US society :)

Ain't that the truth.

-ralph
From: DanS on
ralph <nt_consulting64(a)yahoo.net> wrote in

> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:13:05 -0600, Tom Shelton
> <tom_shelton(a)comcast.invalid> wrote:
>

>>Cor - Dan is correct. Ain't is not considered a valid
>>english construct - at least in the US. It is generally
>>only used regularly by small children or the more
>>uneducated segments of US society :)
>
> Ain't that the truth.
>
> -ralph

...which fits right in with my description...

".....or as a word used in many cliche's."

Acceptable in cliche's.......'if it aint broke.......'
From: Cor on

"Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote in message>
> You don't deserve to share the same space as me or other Americans.

This is a UseNet newsgroup. A UseNet newsgroup is meant for everybody on
earth, what colour they have, what religion they have, what nationality they
have, what sexual preference they have or whatever.

Guys like you who write like this are direct responsible for many killed
American soldiers who try to do a good job outside the USA.

Cor

From: Paul Clement on
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 19:12:39 -0400, "Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote:

� "Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote in message
� news:6rob461vvgq95ji8se8gj7v5885fn75kc1(a)4ax.com...
� : Yup, it's quite simple to create one in Visual Basic .NET. Unlike Java or
� VB 6.0, no wrappers,
� : toolkits or ActiveX controls are required.

� I've written services in VB6 with NO wrappers of dependancies. Nice try.
� Next.

Not so fast. You didn't exactly expand on your implementation but there is no native support in VB
6.0 for Windows Services. Without the aforementioned tools you would need to resort to API function
calls such as CreateThread. Anyone who has used or attempted to use this API function call in VB 6.0
knows that it's an unsupported implementation that is somewhat fragile as a result of the
thread-safe limitations built into the VB 6.0 threading model. So while it's doable, you have to
keep your fingers crossed with respect to reliability.

..NET supports the development of Windows Services natively w/o having to jump through hoops in order
to get it to work.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)