From: Abhishek on
We have a requirement, in this we need to develop a windows service. Our
client want this to be develop in Java, we are emphasising on .NET 4.0 and
much more comfortable with .NET. I would like to know some good comparative
points for .NET 4.0 over Java in windows service development.

Thank You,

From: Kevin Provance on

"Abhishek" <Abhishek(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: We have a requirement, in this we need to develop a windows service. Our
: client want this to be develop in Java, we are emphasising on .NET 4.0 and
: much more comfortable with .NET. I would like to know some good
comparative
: points for .NET 4.0 over Java in windows service development.
:

You're in the wrong group pal. This forum is for VB6 and lower. We do not
deal with anything dot net here.

From: Cor on
There aint, you could also do it with VB6.

A windows service is mostly not a memory consuming program so the main
factor is the price. That price is not affected by the tool, but by your
knowledge of the tool.

If your clients wants to do it with Java, then there should be something
which makes that he wants to do it with that. Find out what are the factors
for him that count that it should be Java.

Probably is only something biased, for that are no argumentations.

JMO

Cor

From: Paul Clement on
On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 21:40:02 -0700, Abhishek <Abhishek(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

� We have a requirement, in this we need to develop a windows service. Our
� client want this to be develop in Java, we are emphasising on .NET 4.0 and
� much more comfortable with .NET. I would like to know some good comparative
� points for .NET 4.0 over Java in windows service development.

� Thank You,

I would recommend posting your question to a .NET forum where you're more likely to get a good
answer:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/threads

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Tom Shelton on
Cor wrote on 7/20/2010 :
> My English is know gibberish, but that does not mean that I never hear an
> English song.
>
> Seems to me that by instance the song
>
> "There aint no mountain high enough" is well know enough.
>
> I had not the idea that the performers of this song where most hillbilly
> rednecks
> (can be that I don't understand what you mean with it)
> Rednecks is in my perception the nick name for the British in the US
> revolutionary war.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz-UvQYAmbg
>
> But if you call the performers of this song uneducated, then we know what you
> are.
>
> Cor

Cor - Dan is correct. Ain't is not considered a valid english
construct - at least in the US. It is generally only used regularly by
small children or the more uneducated segments of US society :)

--
Tom Shelton

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10