From: Mike Williams on
"se" <se(a)onfakeplace&.bigfix> wrote in message

>> [One of the anonymous se's extracts from a recent post of Mike Williams]
>> In fact in my previous postings I have specifically invited others here
>> in the group to download your code from your own provided link
>> and to check it out with those size of bitmaps on their own machines.
>> I cannot be fairer than that. Unfortunately (mostly through my own
>> fault I will admit, because of my overly aggressive arguments with
>> micro$oft and with dotnet evangelists) I seem to have run out of
>> friends here in the group over the last couple of years and so nobody
>> has yet responded (and my enemies are hardly likely to report a crash!),
>
> Yeah... man
> You're making yourself enemies !.

Yes I know. So what's wrong with that. I'm not frightened of making enemies,
especially if (as is usually the case) they have become my enemy because I
have told the truth about Micro$oft's nasty and thoroughly dishonest
business practices and if I have repeatedly spoken up against those in the
group who dishonestly defend Micro$oft simply because they up Micro$oft's
backside. If those people, as in the specific example you quoted, would
sooner hide the fact that Ulrich Korndoerfer's code crashes on the large
number of bitmap sizes I mentioned (an on many others) rather than confirm
it as a fact, which it indeed is, then that's up to them. I don't need
friends like that, and would sooner have them as my enemy.

Mike

From: se on

"Mike Williams" <Mike(a)WhiskyAndCoke.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> "se" <se(a)onfakeplace&.bigfix> wrote in message
>
>>> [One of the anonymous se's extracts from a recent post of Mike Williams]
>>> In fact in my previous postings I have specifically invited others here
>>> in the group to download your code from your own provided link
>>> and to check it out with those size of bitmaps on their own machines.
>>> I cannot be fairer than that. Unfortunately (mostly through my own
>>> fault I will admit, because of my overly aggressive arguments with
>>> micro$oft and with dotnet evangelists) I seem to have run out of
>>> friends here in the group over the last couple of years and so nobody
>>> has yet responded (and my enemies are hardly likely to report a crash!),
>>
>> Yeah... man
>> You're making yourself enemies !.
>
> Yes I know. So what's wrong with that. I'm not frightened of making
> enemies, especially if (as is usually the case) they have become my enemy
> because I have told the truth about Micro$oft's nasty and thoroughly
> dishonest business practices and if I have repeatedly spoken up against
> those in the group who dishonestly defend Micro$oft simply because they up
> Micro$oft's backside. If those people, as in the specific example you
> quoted, would sooner hide the fact that Ulrich Korndoerfer's code crashes
> on the large number of bitmap sizes I mentioned (an on many others) rather
> than confirm it as a fact, which it indeed is, then that's up to them. I
> don't need friends like that, and would sooner have them as my enemy.
>
> Mike

OK, that one was acceptable.

From: Henning on

"se" <se(a)onfakeplace&.bigfix> skrev i meddelandet
>> In fact in my previous postings I have specifically invited others here
>> in the group to download your code from your own provided link and to
>> check it out with those size of bitmaps on their own machines. I cannot
>> be fairer than that. Unfortunately (mostly through my own fault I will
>> admit, because of my overly aggressive arguments with micro$oft and with
>> dotnet evangelists) I seem to have run out of friends here in the group
>> over the last couple of years and so nobody has yet responded (and my
>> enemies are hardly likely to report a crash!),
>
> Yeah... man
> You're making yourself enemies !.

Not at all, on the contrary he has only a very few enimies in this group.

/Henning

From: Cor on
> Incidentally, I have never, ever tried to conceal the fact that
> programming in general and Visual Basic in particular has been and still
> is purely a hobby for me. Do you have a problem with that too?

It is not a problem at all, probably you are able to find much more in a
different way then others who are busy on a timeline.

However, you forget to often that persons who make a living of programming
cannot do the things like you. That is because they have to do with
principals who have more demands then: "Do it as cheap as possible".
Although there were also who asked even in 2008: "Do it with VB6 and then
had the idea it was cheaper" Most of those are now probably screaming that
Microsoft is stealing because it is now so expensive to emigrate and that it
is the fault of Microsoft that VB6 is not anymore working on every new OS;
while they were warned in fact already in 2002 for that.

In this case it is a principal who says do it with Java.

Like I wrote and in fact Tom(not so implicit later) the only argument can
then be the price. It is not like VB6, from which is told in 2002 it would
stop. Java is going on.

That is in my idea what you to often forget as an hobbyist and give then
arguments which can be true, but professionals simply cannot use them.

Cor

From: Mike Williams on
"Cor" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in message
>> [Mike Williams wrote] Incidentally, I have never, ever tried
>> to conceal the fact that programming in general and Visual
>> Basic in particular has been and still is purely a hobby for
>> me. Do you have a problem with that too?
>
> It is not a problem at all, probably you are able to find much
> more in a different way then others who are busy on a timeline.
> [big snip] That is in my idea what you to often forget as an
> hobbyist and give then arguments which can be true, but
> professionals simply cannot use them.

That's very true, but I'm not sure what you are specifically referring to
when you say that I forget that fact. My arguments with Micro$oft are not
confined to the fact that they have abandoned VB6, in fact that is only a
very small part of my argument with them. What really concerns me, and what
specifically concerned me if you check back on my postings during the period
I was a Micro$oft MVP (which incidentally were the cause of them failing to
reinstate me at the end of my year) is that they at that they were totally
ripping off people living in the EU, and England in particular, by charging
us grossly exorbitant prices for their software, most of which was actually
produced in their factory in Ireland, and on a number of occasions
dishonestly attempting to explaining that away with all sorts of reasons,
one of which specifically mentioned of the cost of producing different
language versions, and they were doing dirty under the counter dishonest and
almost certainly illegal deals with various people in order to dishonestly
maintain that massive price difference. I mean, they were selling people in
England what was described as an English version of Windows, and at one time
explaining away the massive cost difference in the specific way I have
described, and yet it was not even an English version at all. They lied to
us. It was totally American! Additionally, as a company they have the
corporate morals of a sewer rat. There are numerous examples of this and in
Africa in particular I am of the opinion that they behaved like corporate
gangsters.

Mike

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10