From: Paul Clement on
On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 12:37:32 -0700, Karl E. Peterson <karl(a)exmvps.org> wrote:

� >
� > Hmmm... In this case, it was the users that decided it was good for them. As
� > a customer, would you rather pay for 460 hours of development or 120?

� 460.

I bet you work for the government. ;-)

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: Kevin Provance on
"Paul Clement" <UseAdddressAtEndofMessage(a)swspectrum.com> wrote in message
: .NET supports the development of Windows Services natively w/o having to
jump through hoops in order
: to get it to work.

A bazillion MB in runtime files, along with the slugishness of dot next
written apps is a pretty big hoop in and of itself. Fail.

From: Paul Clement on
On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 09:15:44 -0400, "Kevin Provance" <k(a)p.c> wrote:

� : .NET supports the development of Windows Services natively w/o having to
� jump through hoops in order
� : to get it to work.

� A bazillion MB in runtime files, along with the slugishness of dot next
� written apps is a pretty big hoop in and of itself. Fail.

Actually it's a gazillion MB runtime and you would know that if you actually used .NET. ;-)

In any event, .NET Windows Services are quite snappy performance-wise.

Paul
~~~~
Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)
From: DanS on
"Cor" <Notmyfirstname(a)planet.nl> wrote in

> My English is know gibberish, but that does not mean that I
> never hear an English song.
>
> Seems to me that by instance the song
>
> "There aint no mountain high enough" is well know enough.
>
> I had not the idea that the performers of this song where
> most hillbilly rednecks
> (can be that I don't understand what you mean with it)
> Rednecks is in my perception the nick name for the British
> in the US revolutionary war.

That was Red Coats....not Rednecks.

But you never answered my question about you claifying what
you meant, so my original question is below.

From: Cor on
Paul,

> You misunderstand. I wasn't advocating, just responding to statements made
> by others. If I wanted to
> advocate I would have answered the OP's question here rather than
> referring them to the Visual Basic
> .NET forum.

Like you probably know, I had seen that, that's why I was a little bit
surprised that you start the debate, but I know the

:-)

Cor

First  |  Prev  |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10