From: Alan Baker on
In article <313j56tbr3ghik2cfsff1b5b07l4d2dgmk(a)4ax.com>,
John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:39:16 -0700, in
> <alangbaker-77569C.08391604082010(a)news.shawcable.com>, Alan Baker
> <alangbaker(a)telus.net> wrote:
>
> >In article <p21j565np9a09puppdng9d461lqc70dqqp(a)4ax.com>,
> > John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
>
> >> 1. I have no personal interest in the iPad because it does not fit my
> >> own needs (whether well engineered or not).
> >
> >'I've never had this kind of thermal issue with a
> >cell phone or an Acer netbook even in pretty harsh conditions. The
> >apologies here, starting with the "technical" nonsense posted by Steven,
> >are a sorry commentary on Apple engineering.'
> >
> >That is taking a position.
>
> Indeed, but on the *apologies*, not on the engineering itself,
> on which I have no opinion. Does that help?

Really? Where are these "apologies" mentioned and how can they be a
"sorry commentary" on anything if the underlying condition is unknown in
your mind?

> >> 4. I have no opinion about the alleged iPad overheating problem.
> >
> >Then what you said to begin your participation in this thread makes no
> >sense.
>
> My only comment was that the issue is reminiscent of the fanless Mac.
> It is.

No, actually. That was not your "only comment". In fact, until this
moment, it was a comment of yours at all.

> >> 5. I know many comparable products that do not have the alleged issue.
> >
> >And yet declare something that you now say you're not claiming happens a
> >"sorry commentary on Apple engineering"...
>
> Again, I'm commenting about the "commentary", not the engineering.
> You really need to read more carefully, instead of dashing off another
> knee jerk bash.

If someone accuses you of being nasty to children and small dogs, and I
pronounce it a "sorry commentary on your character", it shows agreement
with the original accusation.

> >> 6. I know that actual thermal performance is often considerably
> >> different from published specs, usually better, sometimes worse.
> >>
> >> 7. I know that some past Apple products have had thermal issues.
> >>
> >> This is based on relevant professional and personal experience.
> >>
> >> Now please give it a rest. Thanks.
> >
> >Any time you want to stop replying, please feel free.
>
> So you're trying to bash me into submission?

Nope.

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
From: nospam on
In article <tb3j56lmhbi7h6u0im8jagceego5ksck45(a)4ax.com>, John Navas

> >> I said nothing of the sort.
> >
> >You said it was a "sorry commentary on Apple engineering". To say that,
> >you must believe the allegation.
>
> Nope. You're making an assumption that's neither warranted nor true.

they're *your* words.

> >> Translation: I don't buy into the bashing of compact digital cameras by
> >> those who wrongly claim a dSLR makes for a better photographer.
> >>
> >> Back into the kill filter you go.
> >
> >The first refuge of the weak-minded.
>
> The childish response of an iFan.

standard navas quote:

'Those who have evidence will present their evidence,
whereas those who do not have evidence will attack the man.'
From: Alan Baker on
In article <tb3j56lmhbi7h6u0im8jagceego5ksck45(a)4ax.com>,
John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 08:40:39 -0700, in
> <alangbaker-65B05E.08403904082010(a)news.shawcable.com>, Alan Baker
> <alangbaker(a)telus.net> wrote:
>
> >In article <g32j56le6lu0tusn9n0d63on22nbcan7ve(a)4ax.com>,
> > John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:
> >
> >> On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 03:13:41 -0700 (PDT), in
> >> <0da5286b-244d-4ab4-908b-b13a6f33bb78(a)w30g2000yqw.googlegroups.com>, -hh

> >> I said nothing of the sort.
> >
> >You said it was a "sorry commentary on Apple engineering". To say that,
> >you must believe the allegation.
>
> Nope. You're making an assumption that's neither warranted nor true.

I'll tell you what: you rewrite your original sentence with that phrase
in it and show how it could not lead one to understand that you believe
the underlying allegation...

> >> Translation: I don't buy into the bashing of compact digital cameras by
> >> those who wrongly claim a dSLR makes for a better photographer.
> >>
> >> Back into the kill filter you go.
> >
> >The first refuge of the weak-minded.
>
> The childish response of an iFan.

LOL

From: Alan Baker on

Replied so that John can see.

From: John Navas on
On Wed, 04 Aug 2010 09:01:29 -0700, in
<alangbaker-E62819.09012904082010(a)news.shawcable.com>, Alan Baker
<alangbaker(a)telus.net> wrote:

>In article <313j56tbr3ghik2cfsff1b5b07l4d2dgmk(a)4ax.com>,
> John Navas <spamfilter1(a)navasgroup.com> wrote:

>> My only comment was that the issue is reminiscent of the fanless Mac.
>> It is.
>
>No, actually. That was not your "only comment". In fact, until this
>moment, it was a comment of yours at all.

Like the rest of your reply, which I've snipped for brevity and to avoid
needless repetition, this is dead wrong.

>COMMENT: Shades of the fanless Mac.

Apology accepted.

--
John

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level
and then beat you with experience." -Dr. Alan Zimmerman