From: Wes Groleau on
On 07-28-2010 17:26, Tim Streater wrote:
> George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I can't prove it by headers, but I believe "Tim Okergit" is "zara", the
>> style is similar.
>
> Okie-git is more like it.

There are thousands of non-trolls, many of them Mac users, in Oklahoma.
Why do you want to insult them?

--
Wes Groleau

Opaqueness vs opacity - derivational confusion
http://Ideas.Lang-Learn.us/barrett?itemid=1017
From: Tim Okergit on
On 07/27/2010 11:02 PM, Matthew Russotto wrote:
> In article<i2nr1q$e7i$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Larry Gusaas<larry.gusaas(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Your $600 dollar computer seems to be lacking a few things that come with an iMac 27".
>>
>> 1. Operating system - add in the cost of Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
>> 2. Keyboard and mouse - kinda useless without it.
>> 3. Monitor but not one of the cheap kind. It has to have equivalent specs to the iMac. Here are the specs
>> to help you shop for one.
>>
>> 27-inch (viewable) LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT active-matrix liquid crystal display with IPS
>> technology
>> Resolution: 2560 by 1440 pixels
>
> ROTFL. Last I looked, the cost of an IPS display at retail was
> comparable to the cost of an entire iMac.

Oh yeah, absolutely! Apple gives its stuff, it's a given!
From: Tom Harrington on
In article <timstreater-B64A54.00403529072010(a)news.individual.net>,
Tim Streater <timstreater(a)waitrose.com> wrote:

> In article <i2qdb3$og2$1(a)news.eternal-september.org>,
> Wes Groleau <Groleau+news(a)FreeShell.org> wrote:

> > > Okie-git is more like it.
> >
> > There are thousands of non-trolls, many of them Mac users, in Oklahoma.
> > Why do you want to insult them?
>
> Really? Way I heard it, they all moved to california in the 30s, were
> refused admission, and all died in concentration camps on the border. As
> a result of which. Oklahoma was sold lock stock and barrel to Hollywood
> to use as a set for musicals, and then for the faking of the Moon
> landings in the late 60s.
>
> What's it been used for since then?

For a while it was mainly an oil field, but I'm not sure how active the
pumps are these days.

--
Tom "Tom" Harrington
Independent Mac OS X developer since 2002
From: Wayne C. Morris on
In article <1jme280.1ne64eh8ihstiN%dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz>,
dempson(a)actrix.gen.nz (David Empson) wrote:

> George Kerby <ghost_topper(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I can't prove it by headers, but I believe "Tim Okergit" is "zara", the
> > style is similar.
>
> No, the grammar is too good to be Zara. It smells like Yugo/Priam.

Yes, "Tim Okergit" is Priam's nym-of-the-month. He refrained from Apple-bashing
for a little while under his latest nym, but my filter wasn't fooled, and sure
enough, he's shown his true Jobs-hating, Linux-fanatic colors.

(My filter paints Priam's posts a bright flaming-idiot red. I haven't felt the
need to kill-file him completely because he's such an utter failure as a troll.)