From: nurmi on
No, I selected the Anti Virus Progr offered by my provider Shaw.ca
Thanks Nurmi

From: Unknown on
You should definitely reconsider your decision. Telephone companies
(communications) know
far less about viruses and other malware than Microsoft.

From: nurmi on
Thank you, Unknown,
I considered your observation and deleted Shaw's Progr. (Shaw is the major
Int Provider in Canada) and installed MSW instead. However the promise MSE
makes, to keep all MS Progr safe, leads me to ask: What about non-MS
Programs such as Mozilla Firefox?
Nurmi

From: Unknown on
Sorry, I cannot answer that. I do not use those programs. I prefer to stick
with MS.
My guess is that they would also be protected since MSE does scans.

From: Buffalo on

nurmi wrote:
> Thank you, Unknown,
> I considered your observation and deleted Shaw's Progr. (Shaw is the
> major Int Provider in Canada) and installed MSW instead. However the
> promise MSE makes, to keep all MS Progr safe, leads me to ask: What
> about non-MS Programs such as Mozilla Firefox?
> Nurmi

If your not satisfied with MSE or the other program, give the free Avira
Anti-Virus program a try. Lite on resources and heavily recommended on AV
newsgroups.
Buffalo
PS: I know nothing about either of the programs you have tried so far.
PPS: Do you really put a lot of stock in someone who's name is Unknown ?
:)
PPS:Do a search in this NG for Unknown's replies and you can make up your
own mind.