From: Buffalo on

Unknown wrote:
> Would you like some 'bad' experience? Install Norton.
> "Buffalo" <Eric(a)nada.com.invalid> wrote in message
>>

>> Unknown wrote:
>>> Common sense and experience along with all the info on these
>>
>> Perhaps you do know 'something' afterall.
>> Buffalo
I used NSW for years and had no problems with it. The Norton Utilities and
Ghost were excellent.
Buffalo
PS: Have you ever tried it personally?

From: Unknown on
Yes.

From: Buffalo on

Unknown wrote:
> Yes.
>>Buffalo
>> PS: Have you ever tried it personally?

I only used NSW2002 and NSW2003 and they were very good, especially their
Utilities.
However now I use the free Avira Anti-Vir and it seems very good and it also
seems to use less resources than NSW.
I use Win2000ProSP4 with a 2GHz Athlon cpu and 1GB of ram.

From: nurmi on
Regarding the second problem, it turned out, had nothing to do with Norton.
It was caused by WinTV from Hauppauge and was due to attemps on my part to
up-date drivers for it. I misunderstood the instructions and the result
were re-starts.
I finally seemed to have done it correctly.
I have used Norton for many years, I decided to change because Norton
demanded payment long before the year was up.
Nurmi

From: Unknown on
Congrats and wish you many years of success.