From: Ivor Jones on

"Tym" <no_spam(a)ictis.net> wrote in message

> > > Yes - ring and Orange tubby and ask them to switch it
> > > off
> >
> > Then you have to ring them again to get it switched
> > back on again, and meanwhile you've lost all the
> > settings like outgoing message, PIN etc.
>
> The OP never said it was temporary - just that it was to
> be turned off - so my answer, I believe, is correct :-)
> with the exception of the small typo!

True, but he *might* want to turn it back on again..!

Ivor

From: Ivor Jones on
"Jono" <nothanks(a)notonyournelly.blueyonder.com.co.uk> wrote
in message

[snip]

> God, I'm a pedant.
>
> You said to ask Orange to "switch it off" when in fact,
> the OP needs to ask them to turn It on (where It is "no
> auto divert to vm")
> If the contract holder requests them to turn it off, they
> will completey disable VM.
>
> With the "no auto divert to vm" enabled, the user will be
> able to control vm with the phone's divert options.

Only on contract. The OP also never said if he was on PAYG or contract,
the option to control via the handset doesn't exist on PAYG.

Ivor

From: Simon Dobson on
Ivor Jones wrote:

> No autodivert only applies to contract. If you have PAYG there is no
> option but to get OCS to switch off (and on again).

What they'll actually switch off though is the auto-divert, they won't
remove the VPS from the line completely.. So the auto-divert doesn't
only apply to PAYM.

Just changing the auto-divert won't alter the VPS settings on PAYG or
PAYM. Try it with a PAYG SIM.. Set up a PIN, call Orange and have them
disable the auto-divert, then call your answerphone. The answerphone is
still there, with your PIN intact.

From: Jon on
ivor(a)despammed.invalid declared for all the world to hear...
> No autodivert only applies to contract. If you have PAYG there is no
> option but to get OCS to switch off (and on again).

There is a "no autodivert to answerphone" product available to JT
customers. I saw it today while leafing through the products on another
matter.
--
Regards
Jon
From: Ivor Jones on
"Jon" <spam(a)jonparker.plus.com> wrote in message
> ivor(a)despammed.invalid declared for all the world to
> hear...
> > No autodivert only applies to contract. If you have
> > PAYG there is no option but to get OCS to switch off
> > (and on again).
>
> There is a "no autodivert to answerphone" product
> available to JT customers. I saw it today while leafing
> through the products on another matter.

Since when..? I've never been able to get it on mine, although surely JT
doesn't exist by that name any more, it's been called PAYG for ages..? My
phone doesn't have the divert option present on the menu, this has always
been the case with every PAYG Orange phone I've had over the years.

If you can tell me how to get it enabled (without losing the original OH
pack I have on that SIM..!!) I'll be *very* interested..!

Ivor