From: Simon Dobson on
Ivor Jones wrote:

> Since when..? I've never been able to get it on mine, although surely JT
> doesn't exist by that name any more, it's been called PAYG for ages..? My
> phone doesn't have the divert option present on the menu, this has always
> been the case with every PAYG Orange phone I've had over the years.

Since at least 1999.

> If you can tell me how to get it enabled (without losing the original OH
> pack I have on that SIM..!!) I'll be *very* interested..!

As has been mentioned on this thread a few times, you phone customer
services and they apply the relevant product! ;-)
From: Ivor Jones on

"Simon Dobson" <replytogroup(a)nospam.domain.invalid> wrote
in message news:4l75cmFigt3U1(a)individual.net
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> >
> > Since when..? I've never been able to get it on mine,
> > although surely JT doesn't exist by that name any more,
> > it's been called PAYG for ages..? My phone doesn't have
> > the divert option present on the menu, this has always
> > been the case with every PAYG Orange phone I've had
> > over the years.
>
> Since at least 1999.
>
> > If you can tell me how to get it enabled (without
> > losing the original OH pack I have on that SIM..!!)
> > I'll be *very* interested..!
>
> As has been mentioned on this thread a few times, you
> phone customer services and they apply the relevant
> product! ;-)

It has not (until now anyway) been possible to do this with PAYG, they
have always told me it is only possible on contract., which is why I
mentioned it. Are you telling me that you have personal experience of
doing this..? (And not losing OH in the process..?)

Ivor

From: Simon Dobson on
Ivor Jones wrote:

> It has not (until now anyway) been possible to do this with PAYG, they
> have always told me it is only possible on contract., which is why I
> mentioned it. Are you telling me that you have personal experience of
> doing this..? (And not losing OH in the process..?)

Yup, I have it on a PAYG phone that I very rarely use.
From: Ivor Jones on

"Simon Dobson" <replytogroup(a)nospam.domain.invalid> wrote
in message news:4l833vFms32U1(a)individual.net
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> >
> > It has not (until now anyway) been possible to do this
> > with PAYG, they have always told me it is only possible
> > on contract., which is why I mentioned it. Are you
> > telling me that you have personal experience of doing
> > this..? (And not losing OH in the process..?)
>
> Yup, I have it on a PAYG phone that I very rarely use.

Ok, but does that phone have the original OH pack on..? Mine does and I
don't want to lose it. I have heard stories of people losing OH by
requesting changes to their account.

Out of interest, how long ago did you request this..? I have always been
told by Orange that this facility is not available on PAYG so when did the
policy change..? I must confess I haven't tried asking for several years
due to this.

Ivor

From: Simon Dobson on
Ivor Jones wrote:

> Ok, but does that phone have the original OH pack on..? Mine does and I
> don't want to lose it. I have heard stories of people losing OH by
> requesting changes to their account.
>
> Out of interest, how long ago did you request this..? I have always been
> told by Orange that this facility is not available on PAYG so when did the
> policy change..? I must confess I haven't tried asking for several years
> due to this.

It was on there before the turn of the century.

There's no OH on there though, but I don't see how adding a product that
removes an answerphone divert would affect that at all.

Does OH use a different SMSC, or was that another scheme they did? Check
your SMSC number before and after to make sure any SIM updates don't
mess with that.