From: Ivor Jones on
"Simon Dobson" <replytogroup(a)nospam.domain.invalid> wrote
in message news:4l86n8FnhmoU1(a)individual.net
> Ivor Jones wrote:
> >
> > Ok, but does that phone have the original OH pack on..?
> > Mine does and I don't want to lose it. I have heard
> > stories of people losing OH by requesting changes to
> > their account.
> >
> > Out of interest, how long ago did you request this..? I
> > have always been told by Orange that this facility is
> > not available on PAYG so when did the policy change..?
> > I must confess I haven't tried asking for several years
> > due to this.
>
> It was on there before the turn of the century.
>
> There's no OH on there though, but I don't see how adding
> a product that removes an answerphone divert would affect
> that at all.
>
> Does OH use a different SMSC, or was that another scheme
> they did? Check your SMSC number before and after to make
> sure any SIM updates don't mess with that.

Yes it does, OH uses +447973100979 rather than the usual 973. Hmm, I'll
try asking them sometime then.

Ivor

From: Jono on
Ivor Jones was thinking very hard :
> "Jono" <nothanks(a)notonyournelly.blueyonder.com.co.uk> wrote
> in message
>
> [snip]
>
>> God, I'm a pedant.
>>
>> You said to ask Orange to "switch it off" when in fact,
>> the OP needs to ask them to turn It on (where It is "no
>> auto divert to vm")
>> *If the contract holder* requests them to turn it off, they
>> will completely disable VM.
>>
>> With the "no auto divert to vm" enabled, the user will be
>> able to control vm with the phone's divert options.
>
> Only on contract. The OP also never said if he was on PAYG or contract, the
> option to control via the handset doesn't exist on PAYG.
>
> Ivor

Which was why I said, "If the contract holder"

From: Ivor Jones on
"Jono" <nothanks(a)notonyournelly.blueyonder.com.co.uk> wrote
in message

[snip]

> > > With the "no auto divert to vm" enabled, the user
> > > will be able to control vm with the phone's divert
> > > options.
> >
> > Only on contract. The OP also never said if he was on
> > PAYG or contract, the option to control via the handset
> > doesn't exist on PAYG. Ivor
>
> Which was why I said, "If the contract holder"

Yes, but we don't know if the OP *is* a contract holder - he didn't
specify whether he was contract or PAYG. Hence the reason I mentioned it
in the first place..!

Ivor