From: Anna on

"Unknown" <unknown(a)unknown.kom> wrote in message
> Absolutely not true. How do you wake up a system if its power is off using
> a mouse or keyboard?

A number of motherboard BIOS's provide a setting that allows the user to
power-on the PC by a click of the mouse and/or a keypress. As a matter of
fact the Gigabyte MB I'm using right now has that capability - model
GA-EP45-UD3R. So there's no need for a user to use the PC's power button
should he/she choose not to do so.
Anna

From: Herzl Regev on
I rechecked and the machine is set to Stand By, not Hibernate. And its
behavior in respect to waking up varies, so it can't be doing exactly what it
is supposed to.
From: Jose on
On Jan 21, 12:52 pm, Herzl Regev
<HerzlRe...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I rechecked and the machine is set to Stand By, not Hibernate. And its
> behavior in respect to waking up varies, so it can't be doing exactly what it
> is supposed to.

When in Stand By, in what way does the behavior in respect to waking
up vary and what is it supposed to do that it is not?

What does it do that you think it should not be doing?

What does it not do that you think it should?
From: Unknown on
Wow! If that's true I learned something today. It cannot be a power off
condition then.
What is the BIOS setting?

From: Unknown on
Check your settings. Do you enter into Standby after X minutes and then
Hibernate in Y minutes?