From: Bob I on
In that case I would say that you have USB Power Management set so the
Computer may turn off the USB ports to save power. Go into Device
Manager, USB Properties and on the Power Management tab UNcheck that Option.

From: Herzl Regev on
Sometimes it wakes up by the kbd and usually the Power On is needed.

From: Herzl Regev on
It never goes into hibernation. Only Stand By.

From: Herzl Regev on
My kbd and mouse are connected by the older plugs, not USB.

From: Jose on
On Jan 21, 8:28 pm, Herzl Regev <HerzlRe...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Sometimes it wakes up by the kbd and usually the Power On is needed.
>

> "Jose" wrote:
> > When in Stand By, in what way does the behavior in respect to waking
> > up vary and what is it supposed to do that it is not?
>
> > What does it do that you think it should not be doing?
>
> > What does it not do that you think it should?
> > .

If you are in Stand By, the mouse, keyboard or power can bring you out
of Stand By.

The mouse and keyboard have to be configured to do so.

You enable this feature on the Power Management tab of the Properties
settings for each device separately.in the Properties using Device
Manager.

To get into Device Manager, click Start, Run and in the bos enter:

devmgmt.msc

Click OK and set the mouse and keyboard Power Management Properties
settings appropriately - Allow this device to bring the computer out
of standby

Reboot and test.

There should not any "sometimes". It works or it doesn't work.