From: Herzl Regev on
My PC (WinXP Home SP2) is set to hibernate after some idle time. When left
idle for about 30 nim. to an hour, it gets to a state in which the kbd or
mouse are not enough to wake it up. Its power button is dark, and it
necessary to push that button in order to wake the PC up. what can be done?
From: Bob I on
Standby can be woken through the use of the keyboard or mouse as they
are not powered off, Hibernate is a powered off condition that needs the
Power button to be applied. You must decide which level of power saving
you want as that will determine the method used to wake it up.

From: Unknown on
Do you mean standby? Hibernate is a power off condition.

From: 3c273 on
On every machine I have, this is normal behavior for hibernate. Set it to
standby and disable hibernate if you don't like this feature.
Louis

From: Jose on
On Jan 20, 10:30 am, Herzl Regev
<HerzlRe...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My PC (WinXP Home SP2) is set to hibernate after some idle time. When left
> idle for about 30 nim. to an hour, it gets to a state in which the kbd or
> mouse are not enough to wake it up. Its power button is dark, and it
> necessary to push that button in order to wake the PC up. what can be done?

Here is something to read about the differences between Hibernate and
Stand By.

Set your system up the way that makes sense to you and then if it is
malfunctioning we can fix it.

http://www.timeatlas.com/term_to_learn/general/understanding_differences_between_hibernate_and_stand_by