From: Jose on
On Jan 21, 8:30 pm, Herzl Regev <HerzlRe...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> It never goes into hibernation. Only Stand By.
>

> "Unknown" wrote:
> > Check your settings. Do you enter into Standby after X minutes and then
> > Hibernate in Y minutes?

When you click Start, Turn Off Computer, you should see Stand By, Turn
Off Restart.

If your system is capable, when you press the Shift key, the Stand By
button will turn into a Hibernate button and you can click it.

If Stand By does not turn into Hibernate, check the Control Panel,
Power Options and make sure that on the Hibernate tab, the Enable
hibernation box is checked.

Sometimes there are some other things that need to be done to get
Hibernation to work.

Report your results if you still need help.

From: Bob I on
I don't have anything that old to check, but you could look to see if
there are Power Management tabs in Device Manager for them.

From: Herzl Regev on
My system shows less and less signs that hibernation is possible. I already
tried to send it into hibernation from Start->Turn Off Computer + Shift, and
it said that there are resources missing. After that, Start->Turn Off
Computer + Shift doesn't offer a hibernation button anymore. And in Control
Panel -> Power Options, I don't have a hibernate tab. In Power Schemes there
is no mention of hibernation, and it seems to me that earlier it was there.
From: Jose on
On Jan 23, 7:33 pm, Herzl Regev <HerzlRe...(a)discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> My system shows less and less signs that hibernation is possible. I already
> tried to send it into hibernation from Start->Turn Off Computer + Shift, and
> it said that there are resources missing. After that, Start->Turn Off
> Computer + Shift doesn't offer a hibernation button anymore. And in Control
> Panel -> Power Options, I don't have a hibernate tab. In Power Schemes there
> is no mention of hibernation, and it seems to me that earlier it was there.

Did it really say "there are resources missing" or did it say
"Insufficient System Resources Exist to Complete the API".

This was fixed in SP3 and you say you have SP2, right?

There is a hotfix for SP2 that might work if you don't want to
download and install SP3:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909095

You can read about the reasons to upgrade to SP3 here and you can see
SP3 includes the hibernation hotfix 909095.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946480

If you don't have a Hibernation option behind the Stand By button and
there is no Hibernate tab, sometimes that is indication of a need to
update video drivers.

If you need help figuring that out, do this:

Please provide additional information about your system:

Click Start, Run and in the box enter:

msinfo32

Click OK, and when the System Summary info appears, click Edit, Select
All, Copy and then paste the information back here.

There will be some personal information (like System Name and User
Name), and whatever appears to be private information to you, just
delete it from the pasted information.

For video driver information, expand the Components, click Display,
click Edit, Select All, Copy and then paste the information.