From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on
"Peter" <Peter(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> When I exit Outlook it still shows the icon in the task manager for a minute
> or two.

That's expected. After the icon goes away there should no longer be any
OUTLOOK.EXE process in Task Manager.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Tried that already. Re-created another PST file with export and import
> calendar, contacts, email, etc.

Export/import always loses data. That's not the best way to transfer PST data
from one Outlook instance to another.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

From: Bob I on
Unless you are killing power then, that should be ok. I'd suggest moving
on to chkdsk, and and the drive checking utility.

From: Peter on
Please explain the best way.

From: Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] on

> Please explain the best way.

Posted in this newsgroup nearly every day.
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]