From: johnboy on
"Hecate" <hecate(a)newsguy.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:20:34 GMT, yesnno(a)att.net wrote:
>

>>There was a time many would recommend using a Mac over a PC for
>>"serious" graphics work. Are those days all but gone? On a Mac with
>>Intel chips (soon), will the user see any difference in how colors are
>>handled?
>
> Yes. No, it'll just work more slowly ;-)

Hec, you are so cloistered! It does not become you. I have both and the Mac
is not significantly faster, and definitely not cost-effectively faster.

From: Johan W. Elzenga on
Hecate <hecate(a)newsguy.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:20:34 GMT, yesnno(a)att.net wrote:
>

> >There was a time many would recommend using a Mac over a PC for
> >"serious" graphics work. Are those days all but gone? On a Mac with
> >Intel chips (soon), will the user see any difference in how colors are
> >handled?
>
> Yes. No, it'll just work more slowly ;-)

Sigh. Here we go again...

--
Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
From: Andrew Morton on
"Paul N" wrote
> But: I suspect that you can swap video cards (not monitors!) without
> seeing any difference...

Not necessarily: there will be slight differences in the hardware, even
between two cards consecutively off the production line, due to
manufacturing tolerances.

Andrew

From: Hecate on
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 21:14:41 -0500, "johnboy" <okaynow(a)nospam.no>
wrote:

>"Hecate" <hecate(a)newsguy.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:20:34 GMT, yesnno(a)att.net wrote:
>>

>>>There was a time many would recommend using a Mac over a PC for
>>>"serious" graphics work. Are those days all but gone? On a Mac with
>>>Intel chips (soon), will the user see any difference in how colors are
>>>handled?
>>
>> Yes. No, it'll just work more slowly ;-)
>
>Hec, you are so cloistered! It does not become you. I have both and the Mac
>is not significantly faster, and definitely not cost-effectively faster.

I've used Macs, and found them faster then Intel based systems.
However, I now use AMD based systems and they are definitely
cost-effectively faster. If it wasn't for the system price, the Mac
would be too. If I had to place them in order, then I'd go AMD, Mac,
Intel. (unless I was buying a laptop in which case I'd want a Pentium
M Centrino system or a PowerBook G5).

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate(a)newsguy.com
From: Hecate on
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:12:22 +0200, nomail(a)please.invalid (Johan W.
Elzenga) wrote:

>Hecate <hecate(a)newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:20:34 GMT, yesnno(a)att.net wrote:
>>

>> >There was a time many would recommend using a Mac over a PC for
>> >"serious" graphics work. Are those days all but gone? On a Mac with
>> >Intel chips (soon), will the user see any difference in how colors are
>> >handled?
>>
>> Yes. No, it'll just work more slowly ;-)
>
>Sigh. Here we go again...

If someone asks the question...

You know both AMD based computers and Mac G5s are faster and more
efficient than anything Intel produces for a desktop.

--

Hecate - The Real One
Hecate(a)newsguy.com