First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Zimbabwe gem sale stirs 'blood diamond' fears
Zimbabwe gem sale stirs 'blood diamond' fears Associated Press Aug 11, 6:18 PM EDT By MICHELLE FAUL Associated Press Writer JOHANNESBURG (AP) -- Zimbabwe auctioned 900,000 carats of rough gems Wednesday from a diamond field where human rights groups say soldiers killed 200 people, raped women and ensla... 13 Aug 2010 05:58
Two MDC activists hospitalized after ZANU PF attacks
Two MDC activists hospitalized after ZANU PF attacks http://www.swradioafrica.com/ By Lance Guma 12 August 2010 While some senior politicians in the coalition government bury their heads in the sand, professing ignorance about incidents of violence, it is the ordinary villagers in remote areas who are f... 13 Aug 2010 04:54
Zimbabweans want diamond money to go to civil servants, education, health
Zimbabweans want diamond money to go to civil servants, education, health http://www.kubatanablogs.net/kubatana/?p=3539 Zimbabwe auctioned about 900,000 carats of diamonds, worth more than $72 million from the controversial Marange / Chiadzwa diamond fields yesterday. According to Mining Minister Obert ... 13 Aug 2010 04:54
Political row to intensify over diamond sale profits
Political row to intensify over diamond sale profits http://www.swradioafrica.com/ By Alex Bell 12 August 2010 A political row over control of the country's diamond revenue is expected to intensify, after Wednesday's multi-million dollar sale of the controversial Chiadzwa stones. Buyers from the US, ... 13 Aug 2010 04:54
Zimbabwe nets around $71 million from diamond auction
Zimbabwe nets around $71 million from diamond auction http://www.busrep.co.za August 12, 2010 Zimbabwe's government netted around $71 million from a major sell-off of rough diamonds from its controversial Chiadzwa diamond fields, the country's mining minister said Thursday. On Wednesday, Zimbabwe resu... 13 Aug 2010 04:54
Difference between neutrinos and anti-neutrinos discovered, mightlead to more types of neutrinos
This could lead to the discovery of the "sterile" neutrino. A hypothetical version of the neutrino which is much more massive than regular neutrinos, and travel at sub-relativistic speeds. Thus they could be good candidates for Dark Matter on their own, and they are even required by some modified gravity theori... 13 Aug 2010 14:41
Can sailors sail downwind faster than wind?
Some think so, such as JB. Newsgroups: sci.electronics.basics, sci.electronics.design From: ThinAirDesigns <ThinAirDesi...(a)aol.com> Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:32:05 -0700 (PDT) Local: Thurs, Aug 12 2010 8:32 pm Subject: Re: OT Sail downwind faster than the wind! Ken, do you even KNOW HOW to calculate the energ... 13 Aug 2010 20:09
Geochemists may have tapped into deep rock undisturbed since shortlyafter the planet formed
Earth's Oldest Cranny Explored Geochemists may have tapped into deep rock undisturbed since shortly after the planet formed http://news.sciencemag.org/sciencenow/2010/08/earths-oldest-cranny-explored.html?etoc ... 13 Aug 2010 00:37
Electrons caught moving on the edge
Electrons caught moving on the edge Breakthrough that could enable physicists to regulate photosynthesis http://physicsworld.com/cws/m/1821/17632/article/news/43468 ... 12 Aug 2010 23:33
​ My table·top has “5 kilo Dots·Per·Inch”.
<PRE> Note: When I say “5 kilo Dots·Per·Inch”, I'm talking about virtual dots on my desk ( table·top ), not my screen. ... 12 Aug 2010 21:22
First  |  Prev |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13