From: Tom B on

When I first got Superior, I got the C&V setup. I don't recall any midi
files. I can look again but I can't recall any unless I just didn't know
where to look ( which would be entirely possible ).

The new stuff such as Avatar come with the same midi files as far as I know.
By that I mean I know there are midi files included and I assume they are
the same included with an EZ pack add on.

NY Avatar came with...

Nir Z
-- Straight 4/4 - 9 Songs
-- Swing 16 - 3 Songs
-- Straight 6/8 - 2 Songs
-- Swing 6/8 - 1 Song

Lots of patterns and variations of the instruments within each song. Bpm's
from 75 - 180 in the 4/4 set.

A "Song" is basically a bunch of playing that all fits a given bpm and you
could fairly easily mix and match parts to build your own real song.

------------

Now I also have some midi listed under EZ Player Pro which came with
Superior.

Those are listed as...
Pop Rock EZX
--Straight -17 grooves
--Swing - 5 grooves
--3/4 and 6/8 - 1 groove

Then the same for
Coctail with 5, 4, 2 groove sets.

Then it says
EZ Specific
Claustro
Twisted
Latin

each having
Straight
Swing

and a bunch of groove patterns within them but nor nearly as elaborate as
say the NirZ stuff.

Then I have one Monster Midi Pack which as you know is an add-on purchase
Peter Fredlander
STICKS
Straight 4/4 - 3 Songs
Swing 4/4 - 3 Songs

Again a fair amount in there centered around three different bpm's with all
sorts of variations.
==========

I know the Nir Z came with S2 and I -think- so did those EZPlaer Pro midi
files.

From: kitekrazy on
Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot "Sue Morton" <867-5309(a)domain.invalid> grabbed the
> controls of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> Thanks G'Bo. The Toontrack site has no information on this.
>>
>> Very good point, Dave will hopefully come along and give us the
>> definitive of definitives :-)
>>
>> Do you (or anyone) know anything about the "Monster Midi Packs"?
>
> Hadn't heard of those packs. Are they midi patterns? I'll also check my
> DAW when I get home, but I'm almost positive that I have midi patterns for
> a lot of the EZX expansion packs for EZ-Drummer, and I've only ever bought
> one EZX. If it's as I remember, they are including not only the EZ-Drummer
> midi files, but also the ones for all the other expansion packs.

I buy a lot of midi drum files from Groove Monkey.
From: Sue Morton on
Thanks Tom and G'Bo I've passed your info on.
--
Sue Morton

From: Sue Morton on
Thanks kite, I've passed this on.
--
Sue Morton

From: Gerry Peters on
On Mon, 30 Nov 2009 11:02:13 -0800, "Sue Morton"
<867-5309(a)domain.invalid> wrote:

>OK got a question:

>Does SD2.0 come with all of the same MIDI loops as EZD? My understanding is
>that it doesn't and that's why people have recommended the purchase of both.
>As I'm not a drummer, I'm thinking I'd get a lot of use from and much better
>output with MIDI loops than I do my current method of me creating all drum
>parts manually via the Piano Roll View (the drum hit version anyway).
>
>G'Bo (or anyone) do you know whether he'll get the loops if he only buys
>SD2.0? That's why he was thinking of getting EZD, then using that to
>cross-grade to SD2.0.

I got Superior 2 a few weeks ago. It's really impressive. You can get
up and running pretty quickly but to really absorb all it can do takes
time and study. I play drums in real time on my keyboard and quantise.

The loops are very good and can be accessed in Superior by selecting
the Grooves tab. I don't need to use EZ Player as a soft synth, I only
use Superior. From what I can tell there's no reason to use EZ Player,
because all of the patterns can be acessed by selecting the grooves
tab in Superior.

The number of loops is mind boggling. For me it's far easier and
quicker just to make up and play my own midi track. But if you run out
of ideas, the loops have tons of inspiration.

The only expansion pack I got so far is Nashville. It's so much better
than NY Avatar that I only used a little from Avatar. The Nashville
pack doesn't sound traditional country at all, it's more Rock or Rock
Country.

One of the best things is once you've worked hard on putting together
the ultimate drum kit with all the mapping and X-Drums combining all
the sounds availbable, you can save it and use that for a starting
point for the next songs.
--
Gerry Peters