From: Sue Morton on
Thanks Gerry! I'll pass this on too. I'm sure he purchased *something*
last night, since the deals were over yesterday (not that they won't be
back, but I know he wanted to buy right now). Still I'm sure he can make
use of your info...
--
Sue Morton

From: Tom B on
But just so whomever is getting ready to purchase knows...

Although you can audition the grooves in superior, if you fireup EZPro
(which simply pops up and sits right on top of the S2 interface), you can
then chop up, loop, mix and match, any part of as many of those grooves as
you like and record that final personal groove to then use for S2.

So the EZPro is a very powerful tool.

There is a vid on Toontrack that shows how it works...

Go to TT and Products, TT Soft Tools, EZPro. Watch that vid but imagine the
whole time that S2 is sitting open under that app. Much like say Sonar or
Reaper sits under a SoftSynth while you tweak on it.

From: Gerry Peters on
On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 11:24:43 -0500, "Tom B" <nottb(a)123.com> wrote:

>But just so whomever is getting ready to purchase knows...
>
>Although you can audition the grooves in superior, if you fireup EZPro
>(which simply pops up and sits right on top of the S2 interface), you can
>then chop up, loop, mix and match, any part of as many of those grooves as
>you like and record that final personal groove to then use for S2.
>
>So the EZPro is a very powerful tool.
>
>There is a vid on Toontrack that shows how it works...
>
>Go to TT and Products, TT Soft Tools, EZPro. Watch that vid but imagine the
>whole time that S2 is sitting open under that app. Much like say Sonar or
>Reaper sits under a SoftSynth while you tweak on it.

In Superior you can drag a groove into the Clip pane of Sonar and then
edit. That's as far as I've taken it. Thanks for sharing the info on
EZPro. It looks like it has more options and tools. I'll dig into it
eventually because real drummer grooves in certain instances are far
superior than quantise as far as feel.
--
Gerry Peters
From: Sue Morton on
My friend didn't see some of the last information you gave me for him... and
the deals were over with last night. So, he bought EZD and the crossgrade
to SD2.0 for $200 total. He's confident he'll be happy.

Please keep on with the ideas and information on how to use both of these
products, I'll keep passing it on to him.

And, most importantly, he asked me to let all of you know how much he
appreciated your quick responses to his questions! :-)

From: Mod Bod on
Glennbo wrote:
> The killer robot Eddie <EA1234(a)nospamnothanks.com> grabbed the controls
> of the spaceship cakewalk.audio and pressed these buttons...
>
>> I read up a bunch on Superior Drummer and it appeared to me, that it
>> was a little less user-friendly than EZDrummer. It appeared that one
>> needed to install some sort of additional player to be able to hear
>> the samples or whatever. In EZDrummer, you can open the interface,
>> click the groove pane, and then just grab a groove and pull it right
>> onto a MIDI track in SONAR.
>>
>> Can one do this in Superior Drummer? I havent been able to determine
>> the workflow... I'm just learning SONAR (HomeStudio6) and I've got
>> quite enough on my plate as it is now... the ease of EZDrummer really
>> appealed to me
>
> In the last update for SD2, they integrated EZ-Player so it now is as EZ as
> it is in EZD to preview grooves, and then drag-n-drop them into your song.
> What is more difficult, yet more powerful in SD2 is that the samples
> themselves have not been pre-processed, meaning they aren't EQ'd or tweaked
> at all, so it's totally up to you to get them sounding good. What I've
> noticed the most is that the EZD samples are compressed a fair amount, and
> mostly EQ'd rather bright. The Superior Dummer 2 samples are of the same
> kit, but more samples, and no pre-processing, so there's where the not as
> EZ part comes in.

Let me clear up something. In the latest update of Superior they have
integrated a midi browser and player that is in between EZdrummer and
EZplayer in features. It has the ability to audition the groove at the
original tempo of the midi file and also the Kit pieces feature of EZPP.
Kit pieces allows you to drag and drop individual pieces of a groove,
like just the hihat for example, into your project. You can also add
updated groove libraries that you download by simply dragging them into
the Superior groove browser and dropping them. It doesn't work on all
midi files though.

EZplayer has a few more features in addition to that.

Glennbo had the major gist of it but I didn't want anyone to wonder why
it wasn't working like EZplayer.

--
Dave "Mod Bod" Modisette

http://www.gatortraks.com/forum