From: thanatoid on
Moshe Goldfarb <moshe_goldfarb(a)hooya.com> wrote in

> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 15:50:25 +0100, Homer
> <usenet(a)slated.org> wrote:
>
>>> I trust you realize that sinister organizations are
>>> pretty good at disguising themselves. Did you know that
>>> Scientology owns and runs the biggest "cult awareness"
>>> site?
>>
>>Something tells me the GNU Foundation probably isn't really
>>affiliated with Scientology, given the two organisations'
>>profoundly antithetical views on copyrights.
>
> Wouldn't surprise me if the GNU Foundation *IS* affiliated
> with Scientology.
>
> Cults of a feather, flock together.

Haaaaaaar!

--
Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
reality.
From: thanatoid on
Hadron<hadronquark(a)gmail.com> wrote in

> Homer <usenet(a)slated.org> writes:

<SNIP>

>> There are certain features that GNU/Linux newsreaders tend
>> to not support, such as binary uploading (as you have
>> found), however that may be explained by the fact that few
>> people in the GNU/Linux community feel the need to
>> participate in certain types of groups which, by and
>> large, only really exists to support "piracy".
>
> Total and utter nonsense.

Care to explain that interesting-yet-rather-cryptic statement?
(If you can spare a few moments...)

From: Hadron on
thanatoid <waiting(a)the.exit.invalid> writes:

> Hadron<hadronquark(a)gmail.com> wrote in
>
>> Homer <usenet(a)slated.org> writes:
>
> <SNIP>
>
>>> There are certain features that GNU/Linux newsreaders tend
>>> to not support, such as binary uploading (as you have
>>> found), however that may be explained by the fact that few
>>> people in the GNU/Linux community feel the need to
>>> participate in certain types of groups which, by and
>>> large, only really exists to support "piracy".
>>
>> Total and utter nonsense.
>
> Care to explain that interesting-yet-rather-cryptic statement?
> (If you can spare a few moments...)

Yes : it's total and utter nonsense.

I cant be more clear.

Linux/Unix users have "enjoyed" binary groups for ages ; both download
and upload.

From: Aragorn on
On Monday 09 August 2010 16:50 in comp.os.linux.setup, somebody
identifying as Homer wrote...

> Verily I say unto thee, that thanatoid spake thusly:
>
>> Homer <usenet(a)slated.org> wrote in news:ul74j7-1p4.ln1(a)sky.matrix:
>
>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_security_letter
>>>
>>> So believe me, Google is the absolute /least/ of your problems.
>>
>> I am well aware of that. ;-) And I don't even live in the US - not
>> that it would matter if I did, since the most objectionable thing I
>> have ever done is suggest that there is NO way two buildings built by
>> the Japanese to withstand forces MANY times greater than a passenger
>> jet impact could NOT have fallen straight to the ground like they
>> (both) did, not to mention the third building which seemed to just
>> want to join in all the fun and did exactly the same.
>
> It was ludicrously obvious that those building were in fact subjected
> to controlled demolitions. I find it utterly amazing that the
> government can deny this, and people just accept their word for it.
> There are so many inconsistencies in the "official" story that it's
> clear the whole thing is a pure fabrication, but I've long since given
> up expecting any justice.

The problem is that the citizens of every nation - read: voters -
delegate other citizens - read: politicians - to act on their behalf,
and to serve society, while the latter citizens actually run for office
in order to serve their own egos and the corporate lobbies that give
them the chance to do so.

This results in a power structure, where those who were delegated to
serve humanity end up controlling it, and as long as the people are
going to keep on acquiescing to that power structure, nothing's ever
going to change. If "9/11" was an inside job - and I myself am quite
convinced that it was, based on both witness testimony and
whistleblower testimony - then the very people of whom the people would
like that they investigate this matter are also the very people who
orchestrated it.

Alas, the people are - and this does not apply to "9/11" only - lulled
to sleep via the corporately controlled media[*] and clever political
spin, which states that those two airliners were piloted with the
utmost precision and experience by a couple of Muslims who used to live
in caves and had learned how to fly a Cessna or Beechcraft of about
2000 times less mass.

I am not going to elaborate too much on all of this here - since it
would lead us too far off-topic - but let's just say that I've done
some research in light of a novel I had intended on writing and that I
have stumbled upon things even far more sinister. "9/11" was only but
a small part of the whole thing, and was perfectly consistent with
the "Report From Iron Mountain" drawn up by the Rand Corporation in the
1960s, which states that the USA *must* always have at least one enemy
and be involved in at least one war so as to keep the people living in
fear (and in subjugation to the government), so as to keep the American
economy going at the hands of the military-industrial complex, and "so
as to avoid decadence".

http://www.mega.nu:8080/ampp/ironmtn.html

With regard to the US military-industrial complex, when Dwight "Ike"
Eisenhower gave his farewell speech on television, he explicitly warned
against their growing power.

This runs deep, and far deeper and far wider than the United States of
America. This originates in Europe, even, but it's basically a plot
that spans the whole world. And you don't really have to dig hard to
see it even, because they are hiding in plain sight, right under
people's noses, in that which we all accept for granted without
questioning it, i.e. the whole financial-economic system, corporate
power, aristocracy (of which there still is quite a lot in Europe), and
last but not least, the various organized religions, with the Vatican
being the most powerful of them all.

The abovementioned report was drawn up by the Rand Corporation and was
originally supposed to be a report on the desirability of peace, for
which the Rand Corporation was commissioned by John F. Kennedy during
his presidency. And it was that very same John F. Kennedy who stated
on public television that there was an evil shadow government
controlling the affairs of the world behind the scenes. And he had
taken it upon himself to fight them, and that's why he had to die,
because a part of that secret shadow government rests within the US
government itself, and they couldn't have someone whom they thought
they owned turning against them.

I don't know whether any of you are familiar with David Icke. I don't
agree with his reptilian shapeshifter hypothesis - he was deliberately
led down that path by a planted disinformation agent - and I do
not /completely/ agree with his take on spirituality either, but in
terms of his conspiracy research, he is and has always been spot on.
It's the reptilian shapeshifter thing that got him into being
ridiculed, and then of course people started dismissing everything else
he had said as well. That's the nature of the human mind, i.e. people
think in black & white. You have to be either 100% right or 100%
wrong, but you cannot be right about some things and wrong about
others. Or so people think.

Well, it doesn't work like that, but then again, like I said, the people
have been lulled to sleep. And I wouldn't count on Obama to start an
investigation into "9/11" either. He's in on it just as much as all
the others are, if not by choice, then because the true powers that be
own him, just like they've owned just about every US president since
John F. Kennedy - even if only because they couldn't afford that a US
president would be turning against them for a second time - and it is
the same group of people who control the British government, and the
European Union, and much, much more...

How's that for a conspiracy theory? ;-) Well, the sad part of this one
is that all of what I've been saying here is true (and documented).
And we can only guess about the other parts, some of which are
definitely true and some of which are pure conjecture or someone's wild
imagination at play. There's also a lot of deliberate misinformation
and desinformation being spread, so as to make sure that nobody takes
this stuff seriously. Sure, it was all the Muslims, go back to sleep,
serve your employer and pay your taxes. But the truth is out there.
You just have to be willing to open up your eyes and look.

[*] There probably isn't a single person in the world in possession of
a television or radio or at the very least with access to a
newspaper would not be aware of the BP oil spill in the Gulf of
Mexico, but what only a handful of people know is that there has
been an even far greater and far more catastrophic oil spill in the
Niger Delta (in Nigeria) a few years ago. Why? Because nobody
cares. "Hey, that's Africa, that's got nothing to do with us."
And likewise, what also only a handful of people seem to know is
that *every* nation on the planet currently has battleships in the
Gulf of Aden, including China and India, two nations who normally
never send any battlecruisers outside of their territorial waters.
And of course, Blackwater, the officially US government-sanctioned
mercenaries, also have a battlecruiser there. Yet you don't hear
about this in the news. Why? Because you're not supposed to know,
period.

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: Hadron on
Aragorn <aragorn(a)chatfactory.invalid> writes:

> Well, it doesn't work like that, but then again, like I said, the people
> have been lulled to sleep. And I wouldn't count on Obama to start an
> investigation into "9/11" either. He's in on it just as much as all
> the others are, if not by choice, then because the true powers that be
> own him, just like they've owned just about every US president since
> John F. Kennedy - even if only because they couldn't afford that a US
> president would be turning against them for a second time - and it is
> the same group of people who control the British government, and the
> European Union, and much, much more...

Someone needs to give Aragorn's location to the men in the white
coats. And they need to acquire a particularly large and strong net
with which to capture this brazen loon.