From: thanatoid on
Moshe Goldfarb <moshe_goldfarb(a)hooya.com> wrote in

<SNIP>

> Guess you missed The Industrial Revolution.
>
> http://www.historyguide.org/intellect/lecture17a.html
>
> "More than the greatest gains of the Renaissance, the
> Reformation, Scientific Revolution or Enlightenment, the
> Industrial Revolution implied that man now had not only the
> opportunity and the knowledge but the physical means to
> completely subdue nature.

"implied" - and incorrectly.

> No other revolution in modern
> times can be said to have accomplished so much in so little
> time."

And it is leading us to total self-destruction. Yes, excellent.

My favorite is the French Revolution, FWIW.

BTW, into the plonker you go, buddy. Try to behave in there.

<SNIP>

--
Any mental activity is easy if it need not be subjected to
reality.