From: Bart on
On Apr 6, 5:03 pm, supergems <simone.cer...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5 Apr, 09:53, Andreas Möller <andreas_moellerNOS...(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>
> > Hello Group,
>
> > I have a little spare time that I’d like to spend on programming the
> > HP 50G.
>
> > So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
> > 50G ?
>
> > What do you think is missing that should be available ?
>
> > Best regards,
> > Andreashttp://www.software49g.gmxhome.de
>
> A circuit simulator like circuit4http://www.noatechnologies.com/about_circuit4.html
> .
>
> Simone

I support supergems idea of a circuit4 equivalent for the 50G.

br
Bart
From: Gustavo Portales on
On Apr 5, 2:53 am, Andreas Möller <andreas_moellerNOS...(a)gmx.de>
wrote:
> So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
> 50G ?
question: freeware?

- Gaak -
From: MNavarro on
On 5 abr, 04:53, Andreas Möller <andreas_moellerNOS...(a)gmx.de> wrote:

> So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
> 50G ?

I think than programming trend most be "Softwares for Softwares
development".

Some time a person has a idea but it's too dificult for him to make it
real, so Advanced Programmers can create:

- Small programs (modules, graphic componets, fast assembler
componets...) that other programers can use (include) in new
projects.

- Graphic tool for software's componets developmente. In this case
the user select a componet to be created, the tool ask for
configuration information and generate the code automatically.

( I'm working in a very small hp50g game project with this filosophy
http://galeon.com/mnavarroweb/BMBuilder.htm )

From: hpextreme on
On Apr 7, 3:35 pm, "Veli-Pekka.Nousiainen"
<velipekka.nousiai...(a)saunalahti.fi> wrote:
> Andreas M ller wrote:
> > Hello Group,
>
> > I have a little spare time that I d like to spend on programming the
> > HP 50G.
>
> > So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
> > 50G ?
>
> > What do you think is missing that should be available ?
>
> > Best regards,
> > Andreas
> >http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de
>
> Anything ported from Saturn to ARM
I agree with that.

> Where is HPGCC 3.0 & the ROM 3.0 supporting it?
> Cyrille? Are you still with HP?
>
> I would love to see a new HP iPaq 50G
> Could be Maemo, Android, iPhone, Symbian, Series 60
> or Microsoft Mobile 7.0 Phone Edition
> All it needs is 3G phone etc normal software
> HP 50G emulator on ARM (just like now)
> but the screen would be a touch screen where you can press the "keys"
> then
> you could still have RPL/2 and Parisse's xCAS system directly on Phone
> Edition
> running on about 1GHz (or 600MHz)
> and having almost 1/4GB of RAM available
>
> It's time to skip to a faster CPU now
> that even ARM (or Texas OMAP which is based on ARM)
> has dual CPU's on a die and some have 3D hw
> Think about it
> As a student I would sign up for a 2 year 3G contract on a phone
> witch includes a master calculator software like 50G or Xcas
> (which are quite similar)
I like the way Casio graphing calcs were bult back in the 70s. They
were slim and ran on coin cells. Coin cells last for ever.
Bring out a graphing calc built like a HP 35S, a vga oled screen, a
keyboard with 1/4 inch oled screens under 60 clear keys, and rewrite
all the saturn code in rom to arm code with 512mb ram 512mb rom 4gb
storage and sdhd card slot.
USB client/host ports, digital compass, accelorameter, gforce sencer,
temp, altimeter, borometer, distance.
You know, a maching we can use, strait out the box.
From: TW on
> I like the way Casio graphing calcs were bult back in the 70s. They
> were slim and ran on coin cells. Coin cells last for ever.

All of that and running on coin cells. . . will run for a minimum 2
years before needing a battery change.

TW