From: TW on
> I'm curious why?  It seems to me that tools like this are much better
> suited for a desktop system that uses an emulator or a cable to
> calculator.

Yes. Even now though, I will still do stuff on the unit itself,
especially when exploring the ROM and things. I just find it quicker
when experimenting. I also think it is useful for students. . .

I wasn't referring to writing a brand new thing though, but rather
just use the old jazz stuff and figure why it doesn't work anymore.

TW
From: Han on
On Apr 14, 9:17 am, TW <timwess...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm curious why?  It seems to me that tools like this are much better
> > suited for a desktop system that uses an emulator or a cable to
> > calculator.
>
> Yes. Even now though, I will still do stuff on the unit itself,
> especially when exploring the ROM and things. I just find it quicker
> when experimenting. I also think it is useful for students. . .
>
> I wasn't referring to writing a brand new thing though, but rather
> just use the old jazz stuff and figure why it doesn't work anymore.
>
> TW

I, too, would love to see Jazz completely ported over, as well as
updated to support the newer opcodes.
From: Harold A. Climer on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 00:53:19 -0700 (PDT), Andreas M�ller
<andreas_moellerNOSPAM(a)gmx.de> wrote:

>Hello Group,
>
>I have a little spare time that I�d like to spend on programming the
>HP 50G.
>
>So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
>50G ?
>
>What do you think is missing that should be available ?
>
>Best regards,
>Andreas
>http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

Applied Geology and Hydrogeology programs. for solving problems
similar to those in "Applied Hydrogeology" by C.W.Fetter.
Many problems having to do with ground water flow and test well
information associated with change of ground water levels with the
draw down of aquifers used for irrigation and water supply are quite
complex and calculation intensive.
There are some hydrology programs for HP calculators available but
seem to me to cover surface flows in channels etc.
The software for Hydrogeology that is available for computers for free
is severely limited and commercial software is IMHO greatly over
priced.
Harold A Climer
Dept. Of Physics Geology, and Astronomy
U.T, Chattanooga
Rm. 406A Engineering, Math & Computer Science Building
615 McCallie Ave. Chattanooga TN 37403
Harold-Cimer(a)utc.edu
From: bernd on
Hi Andreas,

I'm sorry, but I still not received anything from you.

Please try the email-address from this posting. (No anti spam add-on
in it.)

Yesterday, I also replied to your account, the one with your name at
gmx.de. Did you receive something?

> Did you check your SPAM folder ?
Yes.

Regards
Bernd

From: Dueño de Monte on
On 11 abr, 23:22, TW <timwess...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > I like the way Casio graphing calcs were bult back in the 70s. They
> > were slim and ran on coin cells. Coin cells last for ever.
>
> All of that and running on coin cells. . . will run for a minimum 2
> years before needing a battery change.
>
> TW

I agree on this ...

Daniel