From: Andreas Möller on
Hello Group,

I have a little spare time that I’d like to spend on programming the
HP 50G.

So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
50G ?

What do you think is missing that should be available ?

Best regards,
Andreas
http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de
From: Damir on
On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 00:53:19 -0700 (PDT), Andreas M�ller
<andreas_moellerNOSPAM(a)gmx.de> wrote:

>Hello Group,
>
>I have a little spare time that I�d like to spend on programming the
>HP 50G.
>
>So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
>50G ?
>
>What do you think is missing that should be available ?
>
>Best regards,
>Andreas
>http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

Good DFT FFT software for processing data from SD card.

[Damir]
From: Full Name dbengtson at pobox dot on
On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 10:14:29 +0200, Damir <noemail(a)nospam.hr> wrote:

>On Mon, 5 Apr 2010 00:53:19 -0700 (PDT), Andreas M�ller
><andreas_moellerNOSPAM(a)gmx.de> wrote:
>
>>Hello Group,
>>
>>I have a little spare time that I�d like to spend on programming the
>>HP 50G.
>>
>>So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
>>50G ?
>>
>>What do you think is missing that should be available ?
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Andreas
>>http://www.software49g.gmxhome.de
>
>Good DFT FFT software for processing data from SD card.
>
> [Damir]

How about porting Xcell (Spreadsheet package) to the 49g/50g to take
advantage of the larger display?

Dave
From: Yann on
A library for compressing other libraries.

Wait, is that not what "Kompression Aid" is doing already ?
Yes, it is !

So I suggest to you an improved version to help long-time HP users.

The main idea behind this proposal :
*safely* compress *very-large* libraries from the HP48 area (such as
those beyond 100KB).
There is no such tool today up to the task.

Therefore, although the program may only run on HP50g,
it should be able to compress HP48 libraries too (on top of regular
HP49/50 ones).
I guess the object structure is the same, so this requirement might be
the easy one.

Specific interest points :
- multiple pointers into the same program ==> detection, compression
exclusion
- unreferenced area (baaad programming, this in essence means no
possibility to work outside Port0, and forbidden compression)
- extreme care for memory consumption, at each step. This program
shall be able to compress 128KB libraries too !
- capability to select compression program at run time (on top of
already provided ones)

In the end, it looks like a fair improvement to Kompression Aid, which
btw already does a good job, within the limits already underlined.

As for usage perspectives, I believe a lot of already developped
libraries would greatly benefit from such a program.
Large libraries are typically compression-friendly, resulting in very
sensible memory savings.

For your liking
From: supergems on
On 5 Apr, 09:53, Andreas Möller <andreas_moellerNOS...(a)gmx.de> wrote:
> Hello Group,
>
> I have a little spare time that I’d like to spend on programming the
> HP 50G.
>
> So what kind of programs would the group like to appear for the HP
> 50G ?
>
> What do you think is missing that should be available ?
>
> Best regards,
> Andreashttp://www.software49g.gmxhome.de

A circuit simulator like circuit4 http://www.noatechnologies.com/about_circuit4.html
..